Barack Obama

by Kitzia from San Diego

“If you are walking down the right path, and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you will make progress”-Barack Obama. This quote represents that no matter what life brings, you need to keep walking, and not give up. Eventually, with time, you will get somewhere. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961. He attended Harvard University. In 2003 he decided to run for U.S Senate. Then later, in 2008, Obama became the first African American president in the United States. Barack Obama is a proven hero because he is a man who can find common ground. He is also brave, clear-headed, positive, and an educated person, who inspires many people around the world.

Obama wins election (Picture by Jay Keller)

Barack Obama is a man who always tries to keep peace with everyone. He doesn’t like arguments with anyone, “Obama continued to impress fellow politicians and private citizens alike with his ability to find common ground” (Encyclopedia of U.S History). His ability to find “common ground” or in other words, try to make everyone agree with each other is very hard to achieve. It proves Obama’s heroic abilities. Obama is also an inspiration to the world, “Senator Barack Obama is the first African American to win presidential domination of a major party” (Encyclopedia of U.S History). This reveals that he is an inspiration to the world because he is a brave person, who didn’t give up, despite the difficulties of racism. He teaches us that no matter where you come from, you can make it far if you are determined. Obama is a true inspiration by being a brave and wise man.

Obama at Harvard (picture by Jacob Blench)

Barack Obama is very positive and educated. In late September, the economy collapsed, Obama’s clear-headed response to the crisis impressed voters”(Presidential Administration). This tells us that Obama can handle anything that comes his way, no matter how difficult it may be. Being “clear-headed”is a very important trait a hero must have. Not only is Obama good with handling problems, he is also educated, “At Harvard Law School, African American student enrollment was increasing and Obama soon made his mark at the elite school” (Presidential Administration). This proves to us that Obama has always worked hard. Getting into Harvard showed his passion for education.

Barack Obama is very positive and educated. In late September, “The economy collapsed, Obama’s clear-headed response to the crisis impressed voters” (Presidential Administration). This tells us that Obama can handle anything that comes his way, no matter how difficult it may be. Being “clear-headed” is a very important trait a hero must have, because a hero must always be able to solve problems. Not only is Obama good with handling problems, he is also educated, “At Harvard Law School, African American student enrollment was increasing and Obama soon made his mark at the elite school” (Presidential Administration). This proves to us that Obama has always worked hard. Getting into Harvard showed his passion for being educated. It also shows he likes being challenged.

The Barack H. Obama Administration"Presidential Administration Profiles for Students. Detroit: Gale, 2009. Student Resource Center - Gold. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL.30 Apr. 2010.

The Barack H. Obama Administration" Presidential Administration Profiles for Students Detroit: Gale, 2009. Student Resource Center - Gold. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL.30 Apr. 2010.

Source: U*X*L Encyclopedia of U.S. History. Sonia Benson, Daniel E. Brannen, Jr., and Rebecca Valentine.Ed. Lawrence W. Baker and Sarah Hermsen. Vol. 6. Detroit: UXL, 2009.p1171-1173. 30 Apr. 2010.

"The washington post" The Washington Post Company. May 7, 2010 .