Barack Obama

by Rorey from Ansonia

“Change does not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
Barack Obama (www.bing.com)
Barack Obama (www.bing.com)

Did you know every person that you have seen and live with has a hero, a person to look up to? Barack Obama is a great person to look up to and be called a hero. He is a hero who lots of people love and cherish and does lots of good things for people. Everyone has a life story, has accomplished lots of things and is very helpful just like Barack Obama. Barack Obama is a great person to look up to and that is why he is my hero.

Barack Obama had a very interesting life style. Barack Obama was born on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. When Barack was about two years old his mom and dad separated. Barack only saw his dad once after his mom and dad’s separation. Then Barack moved to Indonesia when his mother married Lolo Soetor in 1967. Barack and his family lived in a town called Jakarta for four years. He moved back to Hawaii with his grandparents in 1971. Barack played and had fun next to the beach all the time in Hawaii. After high school Barack attended Occidental College in Southern California. Years later in 1983, Barack graduated from Columbia University with a bachelor’s in political science. In 1985, Barack moved to Chicago and worked in a nonprofit group. In 1988- 1990 Barack enrolled in Harvard law school and became the first black president of Harvard Law Review. In the summer of 1991, Barack moved back to Chicago and became a civil rights lawyer. On October 18, 1992 Barack married Michelle Robinson. In 1996, Barack was elected Illinois senate. 3 years later his daughter Malia Ann was born. In 2001, Barack had another daughter named Natasha, known as Sasha. In the spring of 2005 Barack was named one of the most influential people by Time magazine. Barack was known as a very determined person at that point. Then in February 10, 2007 Barack announced his presidential candidacy. On February 5, 2008 Barack had lost the big states to Clinton in votes, but still fought back. On February 10 Barack won a Grammy award for his audio book called, The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream. Then on June 3, 2008 Barack won the 2,118 delegates that were needed for the nomination for the presidency. On November 2, 2008 Barack's maternal grandmother passed away. Even though that sadden Barack, two days later he won the presidential election and is the first African American president. Barack now continues his presidency and is now very successful. Barack had a very interesting life and that shows if you try hard enough you will reach you dreams. This has inspired many people just like me.

Barack Obama accomplished things that most other people couldn’t accomplish. When Barack was being successful through life, things that he had worked on had to be successfully done in his mind. Before becoming Illinois senate he won a Grammy award for his audio book that was a hit on the New York Times. At a younger age Barack was named the most influenced person of Time Magazine. Barack was a very determined man and that is why he is the first African American president. This now is a huge accomplishment for Barack and everybody supports him because of his hard work. Accomplishments are very important to Barack. If you try hard enough you will accomplish many things. I hope I can carry on Barack's wishes.

Barack was a very helpful person and had a great sense of humor. When being a Illinois senator and a president he donated thousands of bills to health organizations and schools to support cancer and learning. Also Barack has helped different parts of the country that are poor or something tragic has happened. Some examples of Barack doing this are that he has helped parts of our country and other countries that had just had a bad earthquake or a hurricane. Also Barack helps dangerous cities help solve crimes by donating bills and equipment like high-tech devices to solve crimes in cities. Also Barack does not let people struggle in their harsh communities.

Barack, being the most helpful and succeeding person on our planet has helped our country greatly. Being a hero takes a lot of effort and for Barack. He used it all the right ways. When Barack was a child he struggled to be the best he could be and now all of his hard work has paid off. Barack is very helpful and has accomplished a lot of things and all this put together creates a life story. This is why Barack Obama is my hero.