Barack Obama

by Danny from Marietta

President Barack Obama (whitehouse.gov ())

My hero is Barack Obama. Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii in August 4, 1967. His parents are Barack Obama Sr. and Ann Dunham Obama. Two children are Malia and Sasha. Wife Michelle Robinson Obama. Obama graduated from Columbia University in New York City in 1983. In 1989 Obama moved to Chicago to work for a church to help the poor. Obama  went to Harvard Law school in 1988 and graduated (with great honor).

Young Barack called Barry at 2 years old his father left his family to study Harvard University. While working as an associate at a Chicago law firm, he met Michelle Robinson in 1964 Michelle was a lawyer who later became a hospital executive. The couple married on October 4,1992. After they married they had two children Malia and Natasha, Obama's mother died of cancer in 1995. After graduating from Harvard, Obama practiced law in Chicago, specializing in civil rights issues. He also began teaching constitutional law at the University of Chicago.

While still in law school, he started writing a book about his father's dreams: A story of race and inheritance in (1995). In the book he writes about his family.The book had only low sales after its initial publication. But after Obama gave a celebrated speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, the book became a best seller. In 1995, Obama began campaigning for a seat in the Illinois State Senate. He won the November 1996 race and took office in 1997. He focused on the major problems like healthcare, crime and (etc...).

In 2008 Obama ran for president of the U.S against McCain. It was a 25 year of age between them. In November Obama beat McCain and became our 44 president of the U.S. He also did something else great. He became the first black president of the U.S. That's why he is my hero.