Brooklyn Bohac

by Bailey from Waverly

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon. - Dorothy Parker
Brooklyn and her boyfriend Trevor. (Facebook (Megan Kovar))

My hero is my sister, Brooklyn Bohac. She is my hero because I learn from her mistakes and she persuades me to be creative. The way she is not afraid to be herself makes me jealous. She is so unique that you could pick her out in a crowd of one hundred. Photography is one of the many things that sets her above everyone else. It is breathtaking. Her parents have been divorced since she was 2 years old. Photography gives her something to look forward to every day.

Brooklyn is also my hero because she is good at managing her time. She is one of the busiest people that I know, whether it's family, friends, boyfriend, school, work, or just plain Brooklyn time, she manages it all so everything gets done and no one is left out. More or less on the being left out part, she manages all of this time by giving up most of her Brooklyn time.

Her photography is what makes her the biggest hero of all. When you look at one of her pictures your breath is taken away. Every picture is mesmerizing, whether it's senior, family, baby, or wedding pictures. She loves photography because she gets to capture people's personalities and give them a memory that they can keep forever.  She started photography because she started journalism in her sophomore year. The journalism teacher, Scott Foster, pushed her to do her best and she discovered her hidden talent.

Brooklyn is really good at photography because she is so unique. You can ask anyone and they will say that Brooklyn dyes her hair frequently and always dyes it more and more red every time. I always describe her hair by using Rihanna. Her hair is about the same color as Rihanna's hair used to be.  She likes to dye her hair so red because she doesn't like to be boring and it puts her in a fun mood.  Brooklyn likes to be unique because it sets her apart from everyone else.  It gives her a personality that most people are too afraid to show.

Brooklyn's creativity is one of the thing that amazes me so much. She told me that she is creative because she was born with a special talent and that you don't choose to be creative. She also said that since she is not academic she had to fall back on being creative.  She is inspired by photography and the changing of the arts. She gets her ideas from the people around her and things that she notices. She can see the picture in her head and goes from there. That's why Brooklyn Bohac is my hero.