Bear

by Sean, grade 4, from Canada

"A Rescue Dog Will Rescue His Owner"

I believe Bear is a hero, Bear is a german shepard that works at a police station in Chicago. I believe Bear is a hero because he spent three years of his life in a shelter in Millsap,Texas. Bear is a hero because he won the National Hero Dog Award in 2012, and last but not least Bear is a hero because he went through terrible, frightening life killing challenges.

Firstly, Bear's early life was pretty typical and boring, Bear was born in November 2008. All Bear did was sit in a shelter being a loner, in the heat of Millsap, Texas. Bear wasn't adopted until he was three years old (human years). He was adopted by a policeman that works at a Chicago police station. I believe Bear's early life made him who he is today.

Secondly, I believe that Bear is a hero because he won the National Hero Dog Award in 2012, and it was presented to him by a famous actress. Whenever Bear's owner is in trouble, Bear rescues him from whatever the danger is. Whoever can do this, that means they're a hero.

Finally, Bear became a hero because he went through terrible life killing challenges. Bear went through all of them and he wasn't even scared. One time Bear almost died from electrocution when they were working near a thunder storm. Bear lost nine of his teeth fighting for a life. If a dog can survive this he is a great hero.

In conclusion I strongly feel that Bear is a hero because he spent three years in a shelter, won the National Hero Dog Award in 2012, and went through life killing situations. For these reasons I believe Bear is a hero.