Bethany Hamilton

by Krystal from Selden

Courage doesn't mean that you don't get afraid. Courage means that you don't let fear stop you.
Bethany Hamilton's book cover (images.amazon.com)

My inspiration is Bethany Hamilton. She has been through a lot. Bethany relied on god the whole way through. Bethany Hamilton is a surfer until one day, that one day she had gotten bitten by a shark. The shark bite took off her left arm. After that she was in the hospital and she lost 60% of her blood. God helped her through the tough time.

(www.loganmagazine.com)
(www.loganmagazine.com)

Bethany was 14, and she lived in Hawaii. Halloween morning she was with one of her surfing buddies, Alana and Alana’s father. All of them were a quarter mile out from the shore. Bethany was far away from Alana and Alana’s father. After she had gotten bitten by the 16-foot shark, Alana’s father came to Bethany and help bring her to shore.

(www.sullacresta.it)
(www.sullacresta.it)

Bethany relied on god when she was in the hospital, she thought she was never going to surf again. She kept on praying and then not even a month after the attack, the day before Thanksgiving, she was back on her surf board. Her family was a big encouragement to her goal.

The bitten surf board (www.voxdei.org)
The bitten surf board (www.voxdei.org)

Bethany Hamilton is my hero because she showed courage and she set her mind on what she loved. She thought she was never going to surf again, but she did it because she knew she could and Bethany did it. Her family was there to support her all the way as well. "People can do whatever they want if they set their heart to it, and just never give up, and just do it."

Bethany Hamilton site - Bethany hamilton site shows her bios and thoughts
Heart of a Soul Surfer - Bethany Hamilton movie

Powered by NopCommerce