George W. Bush

by Josh from Annapolis

President Bush (http://images.washtimes.com)

One of my greatest heroes is our President, Mr. George W. Bush. He stands out to me as one of the greatest leaders of our time. His courage and charismatic leadership make him a man whom others desire to follow. However, there are those who dislike the President and wonder why he was elected. In my opinion, Mr. Bush’s definitiveness and confidence interfere with the personal agendas of those who don’t share his values. However, I believe that the reality is that God has appointed President Bush to lead us in this time.

On September 11th, 2001, a commercial airliner, piloted by terrorists, crashed into one of the Twin Towers of The World Trade Center in New York. Shortly after, another airliner crashed into the other tower. Since that time, Mr. Bush has worked diligently to make America “a terror free nation.” President Bush is certainly a president who has led by example. With great courage, President Bush has called upon our military troops to protect our nation by fighting in places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Many of the men and women currently serving in those places are doing so willingly, even those who have been wounded in action. President Bush has personally visited, talked with, and assured many of those wounded in action that their sacrifices help the cause.

In closing, I would say that President Bush has guided our country from being fearful, to being courageous. He’s taken the hope we have remaining and made it stronger. Mr. Bush has given the men on the battlefield courage, and has been an example in word and in deed. To put it in more biblical terms, he has “Let his light so shine before men.” Finally, I believe President Bush to be a man of his word. He has demonstrated that he is carrying out the promises that he made to protect and strengthen our nation, and I believe that quality should be commended.

George W. Bush - The White House .Gov