Cesar Chavez

by Pedro from Hillside

A word as to the education of the heart. We don't believe that this can be imparted through books; it can only be imparted through the loving touch of the teacher.

A hero to me is a person of extreme admiration and devotion. Cesar Chavez is a man of devotion because he fought for farm workers. Cesar Chavez wanted to make a better work environment for farm workers.

Cesar Chavez was born on March 31, 1927 near Yuma, Arizona, and he passed away on April 23, 1993. He saw many unjust things with farm workers like not being treated right when they are working.

Cesar Chavez went to school in California for about 7 years. He is my hero because he stood up for farm workers when no one else did. He started school when he was 7 years old. Cesar Chavez had a wife named Helen Fabela. He symbolizes respect and fairness because he chose to stand up for Mexican American workers in their time of need.

He has won many other awards for his great achievements. Cesar Chavez was awarded the Presidential award from the former president Bill Clinton in 1994. In 1990 he was awarded the Aguila Azteca award because he was the highest for the Mexican government. Many streets are named after Cesar E. Chavez. His awards gave farm workers the power and will to go out make a difference.

Almost every Mexican family in America knows about Cesar Chavez and his great achievements. Cesar Chavez was a great man and always will be remembered for every positive thing he’s done. Cesar Chavez, a man who went through a lot of struggles and sacrifices. This is why Cesar Chavez is a hero in my book.

And this is how I describe how great Cesar Chavez is. Although he is gone, he will never be forgotten. He will always stay as one of the best Hispanic people in the world.