Cesar Chavez

by Pete from Fresno

Cesar Chavez (google (idk))
Cesar Chavez (google (idk))

I dedicate this project to Cesar Chavez also known as Cesario Estrada Chavez. As a labor leader and organizer, Cesar Chavez made improvements on treatment, pay, and working conditions for farm workers. And also saving many Hispanic lives. Even fighting for farm workers equal rights.

Cesar Chavez was born on March 31,1927 Yuma, Arizona. Cesar Chavez knew how it felt for farm workers to work in hard conditions. He also was a farm worker himself, growing up as a young boy. Over the years he had nonviolent protests to get attention of the plight of farm workers and formed both the (NFWA) and the United Farm Workers. He led boycotts which led to several hunger strikes. He also brought national awareness to dangers of pesticides of workers health. Cesar Chavez even made a speech saying, "If you really want to make a friend, go to someone's house and eat with him...The people who give you their food, give you their heart."

Cesar Chavez's outstanding protests and boycotts led to numerous of friends such as Robert Kennedy, Jesse Jackson. It is said that his hunger strikes led to his death. After working Chavez founded an National Farm Workers Association (NFWA) in 1962. This Association joined with agricultural workers organizing committee (AWOC) in it's first strike against grape growers in California in 1965. In 1968 Chavez called national boycott of California's table grape growers. He was a very determined man who believed in others before himself. Therefore I dedicate this to Cesar Chavez.