Charles Harpt

by Sophie from South Carolina

Charles Harpt is an artist that is in his nineties. My mother is his horse trainer. He is a sweet sweet old man and he has drawn the most beautiful drawings, and can paint a picture of a horse with so much detail that you would think that the horse just hopped on the page. He does most of his paintings in watercolor. My mother has a PENCIL of me at a horse show on my old pony Millie. It is also so full of detail that it is as if I jumped on the page.

At our old farm we had a little colt named Ritchie. He was the most beautiful athletic little animal that anyone has ever seen. His mother let us pet and play with him, of course after a look over, then she would stand in the corner of the barnyard and nibble grass while Ritchie and I would run and fall down and frolic. Mr. Charles one day got a picture of this and penciled it. IT WAS AMAZING!

One day when me and my brother were taking the little colt on a walk around the farm Mr. C took a picture of us from behind and watercolored it. I was wearing my blue crocs and mismatched pink and blue star socks. I had on blue jeans and a too small T-shirt. My hair was pulled back in a lazy ponytail and a pink hat was placed on my head. My brother had on his vans that he weares everywhere and too shall jeans and too small shirt. he had bright orange socks on. Ritchie was listining intently on our conversation.

Ritchie was the best little foal ever. He is now all grown up and taller than his mommy! We, my family, have lots of pictures in our house from Mr.C and i am proud of it. I even have a couple in my bedroom. And now to think about it my bathroom to!:)

If you would like to know more about Mr.C look for more pages!:)