Library

Chad Hurley

by Rodeen from Mission Viejo

There's always going to be a place for YouTube ~Chad Hurley
This is Chad Hurley standing next to his new Logo! (http://gonetworth.com/chad-hurley-net-worth/ (GoNetWorth))

Where YouTube has started is now in your bare hands! Hello, I'm Rodeen and I love film making it's a passion and when I saw that Hurley hasn't been on the My Hero website I automatically chose him! Hurley was the original owner and creator of the website that everyone uses, YouTube! I have known about Chad for a couple years, I used to have a channel of my own. I don't anymore but I made videos when he still owned YouTube. Now Google has bought the company and has changed it in so many ways! Not only has the industry been changed for creators but it has been drastically changed for the viewers of the content.

What I admire so much about Hurley is that he sat down one day and created a website, and now he is a billionaire just from this one URL. I am into programming and anything around the technology field, and I will one day do the same as him. I am a fifteen year old freshman in high school, I took video production in my eighth grade year at Newhart Middle School and now I go to Capo high school! I have always wanted to be a filmmaker/director because It is a passion of mine. I have always also wanted to be a doctor and if that doesn't happen I know what I want to do.

According to the biography website, Chad Hurley is known as the CEO or co-owner of a video website similar to Imgur and vimeo. In 2006 Chad and the other owners of YouTube sold the website to Google for $1.65 billion. Chad went to Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where he received his bachelor's degree in fine art. YouTube became one of the web's fastest-growing sites, was also ranked as the 10th most popular website just a year after it came out. "There are reportedly 65k videos uploaded to YouTube every day". 100 million clips viewed daily on YouTube, it's amazing how so many viewers and creators do this. A career similar to being a YouTube career is an actor/actress. I mean if you like being in front of a camera why not try and go for the big screen! If you're not the shy type of person and love acting and being fun go for it and become an actor. These people creating do it for fun!

Hurley was born to Don and Joann Hurley on January 24, 1977. He was a student at the Twin Valley High School. In 1992 and 1994, Twin Valley's cross country team won two state level titles thanks to Chad Hurley being a part of the team. "In 1995 Chad completed high school. In 1999, he earned a Bachelors' of Arts degree majoring in Fine Arts at Indiana University of Pennsylvania". Before YouTube happened, Chad worked at Paypal. In January 2005 Chen ( Co-owner) hosted a party for his friends at his home. Both Chad and Chen recorded the party on a digital camera, but could not send the recordings to friends because of the huge file size! It was that very moment they came up with the idea to create something like this.

If YouTube was never a creation many people would be broke. There are thousands of people who use YouTube as a career! My PCH no longer owns the company but sold it for $1.6 billion which he uses to support his family, he no longer has a career from what I've seen. Chad hasn't helped money wise he has helped people come out of their comfort zone and express themselves by creativity. I would be a super shy girl if I never created my channel, and now I am a super crazy person who is very outgoing! Chad has been my role model for a super long time. My mom loved my channel because she saw how much fun I had with it. If you're doing something you love, make it a career.

During my high school life I am planning on taking multiple computer courses and or video production since that is one of my major hobbies! I love to record videos for people and I am even a good editor. I like helping create software too. My goals during college are to take a computer class or a fine arts class like Chad! I used to be into art and one day I just stopped. One of my huge lifetime goals is to be in a TV show or direct my own movie. I have wanted to be actress since I was little and now that my PCH is a creator of a website where people upload auditions and different related subjects I see how simple it is, simple and hard at the same time.

Chad Hurley is and always has been one of the people I look up to. He made something out of nothing and now it is the #1 most visited webpage in the world. If Google didn't purchase YouTube it wouldn't be as fast and easy. When Chad owned it he was still pretty young and figuring things out himself, and I am doing the same right now! Reasons being why Chad Hurley is my role model.

Hello everyone, before you start reading about my Personal Career Hero I would like to tell you that I too am a video editor, reason being why I chose Hurley.