Health

Carl Jung

by Ashton from San Diego

(biography.com ())
(biography.com ())

"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." This was said by Carl Jung, a man who had a large impact on psychology during his lifetime, Jung always wanted to help those in need. Even through childhood, as he still wanted to support those he couldn't even understand. Jung has also founded the term complex, and helped form psychoanalysis.("Carl Jung") "He was a student at the universities of Basel (1895-1900) and Zurich (M.D., 1902).  At Burgholzli, Jung began, with outstanding success, to apply association tests initiated by earlier researchers."("Carl Jung") Jung was also given honorary doctorates from Yale and Harvard, and other colleges, he also achieved multiple awards, professorships, and presidential elections for many psychological societies.("Jung, Carl Gustav.") In order for someone to be a hero they must put a lot of time and effort in helping others, and Carl Jung does this to a large extent. Carl Jung was devoted in his work and was someone who cares for everyone he can, therefore he is a hero.

Carl Jung wanted to help everyone he could, for he always looked for a way to understand rather than go away from them. Even from when he was young, he wanted to help those around him: "...from an early age he observed the behaviour of his parents and teachers, which he tried to resolve. He was especially concerned with his father's failing belief in religion, he tried to communicate his own experience of God."(Carl Jung.) Carl Jung wanted to help everyone he could, for even if he couldn't understand his father, Carl was "a kind and tolerant man..." towards him. Carl felt the need to observe and resolve negative conflicts around him, with a strong desire of succeeding at doing so. A way that Jung would try to understand people is to look through their perspective: "Jung's contribution was to link these groups with the unconscious part-personalities and show how the test provides a window into the distressed world of the mentally ill. People are not simply mad, he concluded. Rather, there is a method in their madness."(Vernon, Mark.) Jung cared for those mentally ill, for it even happening to himself in his younger years. Jung respects those in need and wants to help them by doing whatever he could. They're stuck in a hole that Jung has gotten out of. Jung wanted to help everyone he could, because he cares about their conditions, and looks through their perspectives.

crystalinks.com
crystalinks.com

Carl Jung's devotion to his efforts in psychoanalysis is another factor towards he should be considered a hero. Jung shows this by making his research his prime focus, breaking all other distractions away:  "...Jung gave up his work at Burgholzli in 1909 and in 1913 resigned his lectureship at the University of Zurich, which he held since 1905, to devote himself entirely to his private medical and psychotherapeutic practice, scientific research, writing, and travel."(Carl Jung.) Jung put a full stop in his other works to focus on his practice and research; and this shows how much he wants to succeed in them, putting all other distractions to a halt. He is truly devoted to his work, and doesn't want to have anything blocking his time towards success. Jung shows us his journey with his theory of maturation: "Of prime importance to Jung was... maturation... which he termed the 'process of individuation.' He described a strong impulse ... toward [an individual's] specific, most complete uniqueness. This achievement is a lifelong task of trial and error and of confronting and integrating contents of the unconscious. It consists in an ever-increasing self-knowledge... But individuation also includes social responsibility, which is a great step on the way to self-realization."(Carl Gustav Jung) Jung knows the importance of the journey of maturation. He knows that life is filled with trial and error, but it is the trail to success that matters most. Jung shows us his determination by denying everything that would distract him from his goals.

Carl Jung was a hero because of his strong devotion and care towards others, for he wanted to help everyone he could. He cared for many patients and always looks for a way to understand rather than go away from them. Jung tells us that there is nothing more deadly to man than man themselves. His legacy would be to forever resolve this conflict by continuing in his path to make a better psychological state out of those who need it.Jung left a trail for modern psychologists to follow and help those in need.

https://t2.kn3.net
https://t2.kn3.net

Michael S.M., Fordham, and Fordham Frieda. "Jung, Carl." Britannica Biographies (2012): 1.

Biography Reference Center. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.

"Jung, Carl Gustav." International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences. Ed. David L. Sills. 1

Vol.8. New York: Macmillan, 1968. 326-330. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 29

Jan. 2016

"Carl Gustav Jung." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in

Context. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.

Vernon, Mark. "Carl Jung, Part 1: Taking Inner Life Seriously." The Guardian. The Guardian,

30 May 2011. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.

"Carl Jung." BrainyQuote.com. Xplore Inc, 2016. 8 February 2016. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/carljung132738.html