Health

Dame Cicely Saunders

by LeAnn from Liberty Township

Dame Cicely Saunders (en.wikipedia.org)
Dame Cicely Saunders (en.wikipedia.org)

Do you have a family that supports your dreams? Dame Cicely Saunders did not have a supportive family, but that did not stop her from following her dreams. Dame Cicely Saunders was an only child when she grew up. She had many struggles but still kept her chin up. She had many accomplishments. She is a hero in many ways.

Dame Cicely Saunders was an only child when she grew up. She was born June 22, 1918 at Chipping Barnet, United Kingdom. Dame Cicely Saunders lived at Barnet, Hertfordshire with her mother and father. She died July 14, 2005 at St. Christopher's Hospice.

Dame Cicely Saunders had many struggles, but she still kept her chin up. One struggle she faced was that her family did not support her dreams. Another struggle was that her dad died. Last, Dame Cicely Saunders was a widow to three men.

Dame Cicely Saunders has many accomplishments. One major accomplishment was that she was a nurse, medical social worker, and physician. In 1969 she created the first home care team for hospice. Her most major accomplishment was hospice (care for the dying).

Dame Cicely Saunders is a hero in many ways. Dame Cicely Saunders had quiet bravery because she disobeyed her parents to become a nurse. She went to college for years to work in the medical field. Last, it took a couple of years to create hospice and she never gave up.

In conclusion, Dame Cicely Saunders is a great woman who inspires me to follow my dream and be kind know matter what.

St. Christophers - Dame Cicely Saunders provided care for the dying