Chen-Shu-Chu

by Brenda from Tainan, Taiwan

Chen Shu-Chu She is a common person and she is just a small potato in Taiwan. But what she did has deeply affected the lives of the poor. Actually , she was also born into a poor family. When she was a little girl who should be childlike from worries, her mom passed away because of her family’s poor economy. And years later, her third younger brother also died. Although both of her mom and younger brother were sent to the hospital with Ren Ai Elementary School’s help, they still breathed their last breath on account of being too late to be sent to the hospital. From then on, Chen Shu-Chu has sold vegetables to make a living for all her family for lots of years. And now, though she has already bought her own house, she still only eats one meal per day. Her meal always costs her only less money because she would like to save money to donate the money to non-profit organization. After her father passed away in 1993, she donated one million dollars for Ren Ai Elementary School because of their help when her families got sick at that time. And later, she kept donating for the school building and an orphanage in Taitung. Although she is not rich now, she takes her money out to help others ! Because of this, she became a famous woman in Taiwan, and also stands for Taiwan to attend a banquet which invited the most influential people! Maybe she is not a celebrity but she is still the most grateful and influential person in my life. That’s why she becomes be my hero. I want to help people with all I have.

(http://lovebloggerads.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-post.html)
She was introduced in TIME 0510/2010.