Cinta

by Nadhira from Bandung

On my 17th birthday, I was given a gift that I really like. I was given a 2 months old kitten. Her color is red. Her name is Cinta. Because she was given by a man who I love, “cinta” in English means love.

Few months later after my birthday, I had even more love for my Cinta. One night, I felt so scared and that made me bring Cinta to my bedroom. And I felt more comfortable that night. A day after that, my maid told us she saw a man last night. But we just laughed because she was ill at that time. We thought she was dreaming.

My mother wanted to take money in her bag to pay the security charge but the bag was not found. My mother was so panicked. We checked our stuff immediately. Some stuff in my house was lost and we realized that our house was robbed. But, there was no missing stuff in my bedroom. Why? The door to my room was open and my room was near the door that was used by the thief to enter our house. And there was some jewelry in my bedroom. And guess what? The thief was scared to enter my bedroom because he saw a kitten that loved to “meow”. And that made the thief confused to enter my bedroom.