Derrick Rose

by David from San Diego

Derrick Rose (http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3456.png&w=350&h=254 (espn))

"Why can't I be the MVP in the league? Why can't I be the best player in the league? I don't see why not. I work hard, I dedicate myself to the game and sacrifice a lot of things at a young age, and I know, if I continue to do good what I can get out of it. If that's me going out and doing whatever, I'm willing to do it because in the long run I know it's gonna help me". This is Derrick Rose's quote when he first started playing in the NBA. Derrick Rose was "Born on October 4, 1988, Derrick Martell Rose was raised in Englewood, a neighborhood on Chicago's predominately African-American South Side. The youngest of four boys, he grew up under the watchful eyes of his mother, Brenda Rose, and his brothers. His high school coach, Robert Smith, later told Michael O'Brien of the Chicago Sun-Times that Brenda was responsible for the modesty and composure many observers had noted in her son. Rose's ability to handle difficult situations on the court, Smith said, was "a compliment to his mother. She's a very strong woman, and she keeps him understanding he needs to be humble."

Derrick Rose (http://www.chicagosportslife.com/?p=3298 (CSL Brian))

Derrick Rose always strives for victory. He cried after losing a game. When his team went outside to get MacDonalds after the game he stayed at his locker room and cried. That's how much he wants to win. "The disappointment of that loss perhaps contributed to Rose's decision to leave college after only a year. Another factor may have been rumors of irregularities regarding his eligibility for college play." For example, He cried after losing a game, he always cried.  That just proves how much he wants to win. Derrick Rose said, "I don't really care about anything but victory. I don't care about stats or none of that. I just hope that we play well and get a victory."  He hates losing, he hungers for victory. If he wins then he knows that he played well and hard. Another reason is, whenever he loses a game he cries and practices a lot after that game. When he loses he thinks about what he needs to improve on so that he can make it better for the next game. He wants to win.  This is the first reason that he always strives for victory.

Derrick Rose (http://www.fbasketballblog.com/2011/03/10/daily-fantasy-diagnosis-3-10-11/ (Daily Fantasy Diagnosis by Jason))

The second reason is that he plays hard.  He got the "Rookie of the Year, National Basketball Association, 2008-09; Eastern Conference Player of the Week, National Basketball Association, December 28, 2009-January 3, 2010; MVP Award 2010-2011; All-NBA First Team, 2010, 2011."

For Example, "Because of the leadership he showed on and off the court, Rose received the NBA's MVP distinction. At 22 years old, he was the youngest player in the entire NBA to receive this award."Rose won Rookie of the year, eastern conference player of the week, and the MVP award. He got the most votes for MVP in the history of NBA. Another reason would be, "the 2010-2011 season was "historic" for both Rose and his team. For the first time in many years, the Bulls had the best team record in the entire NBA with 62 wins and only 20 losses. He reached career highs with averages of 4.1 rebounds, 7.7 assists, and 25.0 points per game. He was only the 25th player in NBA history to average more than 25 points per game and he became the 5th player in NBA history to score more than 2,000 points in a single season. That year, the Bulls reached the Eastern Conference Finals. Because of the leadership he showed on and off the court, Rose received the NBA's MVP distinction. At 22 years old, he was the youngest player in all NBA." He plays hard no matter what, he pushes himself a lot to become the greatest and to win. Derrick Rose loves to win and that is why he works hard every time.

The third reason would be that he is humble. When he loses a game he practices a lot after losing one game. he wants everybody in his team to participate and play hard. Derrick Rose plays hard during the game and outside of the game. He puts all his efforts into everything that he does. He makes plays for everyone, he makes sacrifices for the team and makes them play hard. He wants everybody to touch the ball, when they play, he helps people out when they need help. He even helps other teammates up when they are down or in pain. He tries his best on everything he does.  He makes plays for other teammates.  He wants his teammates to be in the highlights and all his hard work pays off in the end.

Derrick Rose should be admired because he works hard, he helps his teammates and other teammates, he does a lot for the team, he puts his effort in the game, and he is humble and wise. Mr. Rose inspired me because of those reasons.

Work Consulted

Achilles, Allen. "Derrick Rose Biography." Kidzworld. Kidzworld, 5 Aug. 2011. Web. 10 May 2012.                 .

Derrick Rose." Contemporary Black Biography. Vol. 82. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 3 May 2012.

Fields, Ronnie. "Derrick Rose." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 05 Sept. 2012. Web. 10 May 2012.                 .

Nba, Nba. "NBA.com : Derrick Rose Bio Page." NBA.com : Derrick Rose Bio Page. Nba.com, 2012. Web. 09 May 2012. .

Stewart, Mark. "JockBio: Derrick Rose Biography." JockBio: Derrick Rose Biography. Mark Stewart,, 2009. Web. 09 May 2012. .