Daniel

by Rebecca from Miami

Daniel in the Lion's Den (www.bible-stories-library.com)

Have you ever been thrown into a den full of hungry lions because of your faith in God? Probably not. Well a guy named David, who loved God, had this awful experience. Daniel was loyal to God, wise in all his doings, and courageous even in a den full of hungry lions. Stick with me and maybe (just maybe) I can teach you a thing or two about what makes this guy a hero.

Daniel is a hero to me because, first and foremost, he was loyal. Daniel had much favor with the king and the wise men didn't like that. They knew that Daniel prayed to another God that definitely wasn't King Darius and knew the king wouldn't like that. So, they decided to give the king an idea for a new law. The law stated that anyone found praying to or worshiping anything that wasn't King Darius would be thrown into the lion's den, but that didn't stop Daniel. Daniel stayed loyal to God, even though he was risking his life. Soon, the wise men caught Daniel and took him to the king. The king was so sorry when he saw that it was Daniel and wished he had never enforced the law, but there was nothing he could do. But Daniel assured the king that God would spare his life. Daniel prayed to God and God spared his life!!

Daniel is a hero to me because, secondly he was wise. When King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream which had frightened him and he couldn't remember, he called his wise men, but none could interpret or tell him his dream. But the Daniel came and Daniel told him the dream and the interpretation. God had spoken through Daniel. Also another time random writing appeared on the wall while the king and his people were having a feast. Again, the king called his "wise men" and they couldn't translate it. So, the queen suggested he call David. Guess what. God used Daniel to translate the writing on the wall!

Daniel is a hero to me because, third, he was courageous. When Daniel was about to be thrown into the lion's den, he told the king not to worry for God would save him. The king was extremely sorry but he could not repeal the law. When Daniel was in the den with the hungry lion's surrounding him, he called on God and God sent an angel to shut the mouths of the lions. Because of Daniel's faith and courage, God spared his life!

To sum it all up, Daniel was a hero of faith. He was loyal, wise and courageous. These are the reasons Daniel is my hero. Because of Daniel's loyalty, God gave him wisdom and courage and never left his side. Trust God and He will never leave you. " God will never leave you or forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5