Daniel

by Daniel from Stafford

A Walk With God

His footsteps clanked loudly on the smooth granite floor as he passed the golden statues staring at him. With each step and move toward the throne room his usual calm spirit heightened with nervous anxiety. Finally at the doors of the throne room, Daniel paused to pray for courage and then proceeded through the mighty doors to give the king the answer to his troublesome dream. Daniel is my hero because of his wisdom and his courage to obey God under extreme circumstances when he was still just a teenager. Daniel’s great trust in God, courageousness, and wisdom makes him a great example to follow.

In Daniel’s early teens years he was seized from his home to enter the service of the king of Babylon. He was captured from a wealthy family in Israel to serve in captivity under the king. For three years Daniel was educated for one purpose, to serve the king. Some would imagine that his faith in God would have faltered or he was too young have such a great faith. Daniel proves otherwise. In Chapter 1 of Daniel, Daniel is faced with a temptation to eat unclean meat and wine from the king's table. Instead Daniel asked for vegetables to eat and water to drink. God honored Daniel’s obedience and gave him favor among the kings court. Daniel was faced with a temptation but instead followed God which is impressive considering his youth.

Daniel In The King's Courts (www.all-art.org)

With great calm Daniel entered the king's courts. At roughly the age of sixteen, Daniel addressed the most powerful king on earth. The golden statues gazed down at him as he prepared to do what no other in kings court could do, interpret a dream. With a suddenly calm spirit Daniel related the dream back to the king and its interpretation. God gave Daniel wisdom that none other had or wish could attain at the age of about sixteen. Still a youth Daniel did great things for God and throughout his whole life. At my age Daniel was doing great things for God. This makes my hero Daniel a great man with wisdom and obedience who follows God.