Danielle

by Elizabeth from Altoona

Elizabeth, Danielle, and Danielle's dog Zoey

My hero is my sister, Danielle, because she is very special to me. She helps me out in many ways. I can think of three examples of times when she saved me from danger.

During the holidays, we use candles. It was Easter and we had four big candles as a centerpiece on our table. I was leaning over the table and my hair caught on fire. My sister reacted quickly. She got a wet paper towel and covered my head.

There is another time my sister saved me from danger. She and I were goofing off eating carrot sticks. We were pretending to be Bugs Bunny. I started choking on a carrot. She picked me up and gave me the Heimlich Procedure. We got the carrot out. She asked me if I was okay. I was terrified, but okay.

Another incident was at the beach in Virginia. About six years ago, my sister and I were in the ocean swimming. I was trying to get out, but the waves kept pulling me back in. I was caught in an undertow. I was finally getting out of the water when a wave knocked me down and washed over me. I couldn’t feel anything for a moment. Then, I felt someone picking me up. It was my sister. Danielle saved me once more.

Danielle is my hero. She will still save me, if I need saving again. I will help her when she is in need. She is my big sister.