David

by Bryson from Loveland

David as a shepherd boy (christianimagesource.com)

Imagine being a little boy who's a shepherd for most of your life but it all changes when God chose you to show his power to every one. Well, that's the life of David always being the small one until God gives him the strength to fight the mightiest being there is on earth with his bare hands and with God's power.

(wallpaper4god.com)
(wallpaper4god.com)

One of the many things David had was courage. He fought a lion just to protect his sheep. That had to have taken some courage to do that because i sure wouldn't do that. Also another way he showed was by standing up to Goliath. Now that took a lot of courage to trust God on that one. He had to trust God a lot on both of those situations. That took a lot of courage. He never double thought himself once.

(biblicalisraeltours.com)
(biblicalisraeltours.com)

Fearless is another big characteristic of David. He fought Goliath who was a giant over 9 ft tall and David looked like a little bug compared to him but that didn't stop David from fighting him because he knew God was going to get him out of this mess. So David was fearless and went to battle Goliath. David was so fearless he only used a few stones and a sling, nothing else - no armor or anything, just a sling and some rocks. He slayed Goliath and the only way that could have happened was by God's power and only his.

(whenintime.com)
(whenintime.com)

David was also very humble. After he became king people asked how he did it, how he defeated Goliath, and he just kept on saying God was with me. Everybody wanted know how he did it, even after. He told them over and over. He would say it was all God who did it and finally the people got it .David also won many battles and gave every single one to God and praised him for all that God gave him. It says in psalms 51 "Even though he had sinned grievously David was still able to humble himself before God in repentance."

(bibleencyclopedia.com)
(bibleencyclopedia.com)

David lived a good life and honored God. David did die in 970 BC. He lived a life filled with God. He was a very noble man also a fearless man and very courageous. And that's why David's a hero but I'll let you decide