Lady Diana Frances Spencer

by Charlotte from New Zealand

Princess Diana (www.wikipedia.org)
Princess Diana (www.wikipedia.org)

Lady Diana Frances Spencer was born on 1st July 1961 in Norfolk England. Her father's name is Edward Spencer and her mother's name is Frances Spencer. Her parents got divorced when she was six. She has two older sisters and one little brother. Princess Diana married Charles, Prince of Wales, in 1981. She had two boys called William and Henry. She got divorced in 1996.

Princess Diana is who I have chosen to be my hero because when she became a Princess she did so many charities to help people. Unlike most of the Royal family she helped people. She was very generous. At one point she was supporting 110 charities.

She helped people with AIDS and she started a campaign to stop the use of landmines. Princess Diana sat on the same sickbed as a man with AIDS and held his hand. In June 1997 she sold 79 of her own evening gowns for 5.7 million dollars and she gave it all to AIDS and cancer reaserch. She visted surviors from landmines. She was interested in landmines because they cause so many injures which is often to children.

Photo taken in 1981 to mark her engagement (www.royal.gov)

On August 31 1997 Diana Princess of Wales died in a car crash in Paris, France. Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed had just left the Ritz Hotel in Paris. The only person that survived the crash was her bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones. Princess Diana survived the crash but then died in hospital. Princess Diana’s work to help still lives on because of the impact that she had on the world.

I chose Diana, Princess of Wales, as my hero because of eveything she had done for all those people in need. She used her title to help people and she gave so much to so many people all around the world. Princess Diana’s work to help people with AIDS still lives on because of the impact that she had on the world.

Wikipedia, encyclopedia - Biblography
My Hero - My Hero Project
My Hero - My Hero Project
Royal Family - Childhood and teenage years