Richard "Bo" Dietl

Bo Dietl (Beau Dietl & Associates)
Bo Dietl (Beau Dietl & Associates)

In his sixteen years as one of New York's Finest, Richard "Bo" Dietl made more than 1,500 arrests and became one of the most highly decorated detectives in the history of the New York City Police Department, with more than 80 awards and commendations for bravery. They called him, "One Tough Cop." Like many police officers, Dietl does not consider his work on the force to be heroic, but the truth is that these men and women put themselves in harm's way every day to keep us safe, and that's heroic by any standards--especially when they repeatedly go above and beyond the call of duty, as Dietl did.

Someone else might have seen retirement as an invitation to take it easy, but Dietl rededicated himself to the safety of the citizenry. In his current position as the chairman of Beau Dietl & Associates, Dietl controls security for some of the nation's most prominent companies. His concern, in particular, for the safety of our children has led to the development of software that allows parents to monitor their children's contacts on the Internet.

ON THE BOOKS...

Bo Dietl is also featured in the book, My Hero, as he writes
about his hero Don Imus