Dolphins

by Denisha from Goch

Have you ever thought that dolphins can save a little girl? Well this story will amaze you the moment you read it. You may have heard a story like this before but this one is quite different. These two dolphins showed courage and risked their life to save this little girl's life.

Jennifer (7) and her family went on a trip to Australia to visit their old friends, two dolphins called Mandy and Swirl. They decided to see them the moment they got there. When they arrived at Florida Bay Beach, they went to greet Mandy and Swirl. Jennifer swam with them for a long time. Then when the day was over they went to their hotel where they could see a view of the beach.

2 days later she went swimming with them again. She swam with them every two days. She and her family spent most of their time on the beach. But one day, 7 days before went home, a very terrible thing happened to her. She was swimming a few meters away from the shore, looking for Mandy and Swirl, when they started to circle her very tightly. She didn't know what they were doing, but when she tried to dive down to escape, she saw a great white shark.

Mandy and Swirl tightened around her. She screamed to her parents, but they didn't hear her. Before she noticed the shark was gone she heard Swirl yell. She swam over to her and saw the shark swim away. She swam for help. She got her parents and the closer they came to Mandy and Swirl, the redder the water became. Jennifer was crying so much she didn't dare swim further. Then she heard her parents scream. 1 day later at the vet, there was Swirl with only half a tail in the pool. The shark had bitten off half of Swirl's tail.

Amazing story, right? Jennifer and her family now live in Australia near the beach and vet. As Jennifer, now 12, recalls," I will never forget the moment two brave dolphins saved my life. It is a moment that is meant to stay in my heart. It is not the braveness and courage I had that encountered, it was the heart of those two dolphins. Without them I wouldn't even be here." And after all she's been through and, with that almost killing Swirl, she now visits the vet every weekend for a swim. These dolphins had courage and are risk-takers. But what counts is inside their hearts.