Dora the Explorer

by Jassmyn from Tennessee

"Swiper, No Swiping!"
Dora, Boots and Swiper (www.starpulse.com)

My hero is Dora the Explorer, the character of the hit TV show Dora the Explorer on Nick Jr. This interactive show helps little kids learn how to talk and count in Spanish. Dora first aired in 1999 and became a regular TV show in 2000. Everyday on the show Dora goes on a adventure; she asks the viewers to help her find places on the map. I picked Dora as my hero because she is educational, helps people, and knows every language.

Dora is very educational on her show. She teaches how to count in Spanish and use manners. She taught me how to count in Spanish. Everyday on the show she sings Spanish songs. She teaches children to communicate in ways books can't. Dora asks the children questions about the show. She also asks the kids to help her find things on the map. Dora is a very outstanding teacher for children.

Dora is a very helpful person. She helps her friends on the show Boots the monkey, Benny the bull, and Fiesta trio are just some of her friends she helps. Dora helped Boots get the the big apple tree. She helped her mom by going and getting some chocolate from the Chocolate tree. She helps the viewer learn different things. She helps the viewer with their manners: Yes ma'am and No sir. She teaches viewers how to tie their shoes. Dora is a very amazing helper.

She knows every language possible. Dora teaches how to say things in Spanish and in some French on her show. Everyday on the show she says something that is educational in Spanish. Dora has to speak Spanish to some of her friends so they can understand her then she translates it back into English so that the viewer can understand what was said. Dora communicates in so many different ways. She talks to her viewers one way and talks to her mom and friends in Spanish. She teaches her viewers how to say things in other languages. Dora communicates very well with her viewers.

In conclusion, Dora has an all around great influence on her viewers. She loves to help people. She teaches people how to do things. I think preschool-second grade viewers should watch Dora. The reason I chose Dora as my hero is because she's educational, helps people, and knows every language.