Dr. Dre

by Martin from Newark

I'm pretty sure everyone in the world loves to listen to music, and the great thing about music is that there are so many genres to choose from depending on how you are feeling that day. Some songs make you feel a certain type of way and a big part of that is the beat, which gets you moving your shoulders or bopping your head back and forth vibing to the song. Imagine if you had the chance to create your own beat to listen to and make it exactly how you want it. For you to listen to and have other people across the world listen to it too. That is why a man named Andre Romelle Young who goes by the name Dr.Dre has inspired me to produce beats and make music for the people to listen to.

"Born Andre Romelle Young, Dr. Dre came from a musical background. Both of his parents were singers. His mother, Verna, quit her group the Four Aces shortly before Dre was born. His middle name comes from one of the bands his father Theodore belonged to, the Romells." "Gangsta rap pioneer Dr. Dre was born on February 18, 1965. A music fan from the start, Dre started working as a DJ in his teens. His first major success came with the rap group N.W.A. and he later co-founded Death Row Records in 1991. In 1992, his first solo album, The Chronic, became a huge hit. Dre started up Aftermath Entertainment in 1996 and signed Eminem and 50 Cent to his label."

The reason Dr.Dre impacts me so much is because i started listening to him when i was around 10-11 years old when my cousins and uncles showed me his music. I listened to the album the chronic, 2001, even when he produced with NWA. His beats were so unique and was something you could vibe to and it would catch so many peoples attention. That is why he was so big at that time and every artist wanted to hop on his beat to get big in the rap game. Dr.Dre inspired me to start making beats of my own so that i can put out stuff people may like and get out there for the whole world to listen to the unique way i feel about music.

"Dre's release of The Chronic in the early 1990's changed the face of rap, and made him even more famous." He was making more music with West Coast rappers and stared focusing more on producing gangster rap beats. Then "Dr. Dre released the successful 2001 in 1999." which had west coast artist like Snoop Dogg and other great artist like Eminem on many of the tracks he released.

This is why i chose Dr.Dre as my hero because he was one of the top producers in my era and i grew up listening to Dr.Dre and also other artist who rapped off his beats such as Eazy-E, Yella, Mc.Ren, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, and Kendrick. He also was a hero for many big producers now a days. That is why i wanna be a producer just like him and maybe in the future even be a hero for some other young producer to keep the trend going with new ways of producing.

Biography - Gives a description of what person you look up.
DRDRe - history