Poets

Emily Dickinson

by Cassandra from Wallingford

Emily Dickinson

Emily Dickinson loved nature and found inspiration in birds and other animals. Later on in her life she started to like writing poetry. She had success with her poetry and wrote a lot of books on poetry. Emily Dickinson lived in Amherst, Massachusetts.

Emily Dickinson tried to help people by changing their minds on how they should like nature more and she made her poems make people think differently. This is important because it would help other people realize that nature and other living animals are important.

The thing that makes my person a hero is that they make people think differently than they would about animals and nature. I think that what makes her a hero is that she helped people feel differently about them, her poetry has a meaning to it, so it makes people think about what they think it means to them.

Her legacy is that she made poems to make everyone remember her, and all of her poetry made people think about what she was trying to put out to everyone and have a meaning to all of her poems. Three poetry books were published after her death. They say that they were edited poorly and it wasn’t the way she would have wanted it. She wrote over 400 poems and they all remembered her by all her poems.

The advice that Emily would give people today would be to keep doing what you are doing. If you have something that you like to do and you want to keep it up then the advice for that would be to keep trying. Today’s world is much different then the world I was in back then so if you want to fight for something it's going to be harder and more challenging than you might think it would be. So for all of the people out there that want to keep on doing what you are doing then find a way to keep doing it. If there is someone out there that is trying to convince you that you aren’t good at what you are doing, prove to them that what you are doing is the right thing for you. If it's not then don’t put yourself down try something new. There is definitely more than one thing out there that you are going to like to do.