Erick Aybar

by Nick from Mission Viejo

"Last year was rough for me. This is a different year. That's gone. This is a new year.”
This is a portrait of Erick Aybar. (http://www.life.com/image/79987285)

I first was aware of Erick Aybar when he was playing for the Angels in a baseball game. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are my favorite baseball team because they are close to where I live and have been my favorite team since I started watching baseball. I noticed that he was a good player and might become great someday. I started liking him and kept watching the Angels every day. What impresses me about him and his career is that baseball is really fun and he is really good at it. He had a break-out year in 2009 and was arguably the best shortstop that year. His performance on the field is what got my attention.

This is Erick Aybar turning a double-play. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/353765-2010-mlb-predictions-breaking-down-the-best-in-the-al-west-by-position#/articles/353765-2010-mlb-predictions-breaking-down-the-best-in-the-al-west-by-position/page/6)

The sport Erick Aybar plays is baseball. Baseball has been my favorite sport growing up and I would love to have a career in it. In order to play baseball you need to graduate high school. Some people including Erick Aybar, skip college and go straight to the professional league. The salary range for a baseball player is about $2,000,000 - $20,000,000. Some people make a little less than that, but also some people make more than that. A similar sport would be cricket because they both involve using a “stick” to hit a ball. Recent developments in baseball are better gloves, more pop in bats, and stickier batting gloves to hold onto the bat.

Growing up, Erick Aybar loved baseball. He liked it more than anything, just like most professional baseball players. He went to high school and played on the baseball team at his high school. He was good but not the “number 1 pick in the draft” good. His skills in high school caught the attention of the Angels. The Angels drafted him. Erick, instead of going to college, went straight to the Angels organization. He attended Freddie Pimental High School. Erick Aybar was drafted on.

On August 28, 2010 Erick AYbar took time out of his busy schedule to go to Ladera Ranch for his fans. He went to the AT&T store in Ladera to sign autographs. There were a lot of fans waiting there for him. Many people, including me think Erick Aybar is a hero! A lot of people love him, because the way he plays baseball, and how he is always willing to sign autographs for fans. Every time at the Angel games I see him signing autographs while other “cocky” players just sit on the bench wile their admirers are screaming at them for one autograph. He is being a positive influence to the world and makes a kid's day everyday he signs autographs. Every-time he signs an autograph he makes people smile.

My goals for high school are to make the baseball team as a freshman and stay on the team until I graduate. When I am a junior my goal is to make varsity and be a starter. I have already made the baseball team as a freshman and I hope to stay on it all 4 years in high school. My college goals are to make the baseball team and sophomore year be a starter. I want to play all 4 years in college or just skip college and go from high school to professional. However, my priority is to go to college. My lifetime goal is to play professional baseball, hopefully on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. I hope to be a main player on the team and hopefully make the all star team!

Baseball-Reference - Erick's history and Statistics
Wikipedia - Erick's life and career.
Los Angeles Times - News about Erick!