Albert Einstein

by Shane

Einstein was born in Germany on Mar. 14, 1879. When he was an infant the family moved to Munich. When the family business failed they decided to move to Milan, Italy. At this time Einstein decided officially to relinquish his German citizenship. Einstein returned in 1896 to the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, where he graduated, in 1900 as a secondary school teacher of mathematics and physics. Shortly afterward he got a job as a patent office worker. During this time he wrote many theories and sent them to the University of Zurich which allowed him to recieve his Ph. D. Soon after he became a professor for the University.

He continued to write theories along with his teaching. He was highly reconized for his help with the quantum theory. What he is best-known for however is his theory of relativity. His theory was proved correct in 1919, which got him all of the press. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1921 ,however, it was a different work of his, the photoelectric effect.

In 1933 Albert moved to the United States. While in the U.S. he sent a letter to Theodore Roosevelt telling him to develop an atomic bomb before the Germans. He was unappreciated towards the end of his life when people where making advances on his work. He died in April of 1955 of heart failure.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein