Eminem

by Alec from San Diego

(hotnewhiphop.com)
(hotnewhiphop.com)

"I am who I am and I say what I think. I'm not putting a face on for the record." A hero does not have to be a person who fights crime. It can be a average human being who can influence people to do things more positively and for the good being of humankind. Some people can do things that can motivate others to succeed on whatever they want to work on. That motivation is used for dreams that people have and that they can achieve. Eminem is one of those people who should be classified as a hero. Eminem should be a hero because he is very hard working, motivational, and inspirational. He got multiple awards for his music. Now he makes motivational music for his fans that are going through tough times. Also he tells his life stories through his songs that provide a deep meaning through his music. Those songs include "Not Afraid" , "Beautiful Pain" , "Till I Collapse" , "Beautiful", and many more songs.

(https://www.tellwut.com/surveys/entertainment/celebrities/102075-is-eminem-inspiring.html)

Eminem was born in St. Joseph, Missouri on February 2, 1972 (Gale Biography). His name was Marshall Bruce Mathers III. Around the time when Eminem was born his dad left. Eminem was now alone with his mom and had to move to Detroit, Michigan. During his years; Eminem and his mom moved all around Detroit. They were close to bankruptcy multiple times because his mom was not able to get enough money from her job and the right education.. When Eminem was older, he was abused a lot by school bullies and his own mom. Eminem would get beat up multiple times. Eminem said he was "Beat up in bathroom, beat up in the hallways, shoved into lockers. You know, just for, you know, for the most part, man, you know, just bein' the new kid" (Simon). He moved multiple times all throughout Detroit, Michigan. He would have no friends at the time. After failing 9th grade 3 times he dropped out of school at age 17 (Bio.com). He started going to clubs to do rap battles. He soon became a dad with his girlfriend which was hard for them. They lived in 8 Mile Detroit, where gangs would break into their houses and rob them. After Eminem made his first mix tape and then participated in the rapping Olympics things got better for him (Bio.com). Even though he lost the Olympics; Dr. Dre realized Eminem has great potential on becoming a rapper (Bio.com). After hard work, Eminem became one of the world's biggest rappers.

Eminem is motivational because of his stories in his lifetime. When Eminem was in a interview with 60 minutes they discussed a lot about his life and why his life story is motivational. The interview was when he survived his overdose, became sober, and made the "Recovery" album. "Now 38 and sober, after struggling with addiction for five years, he has the energy and intensity of a boxer, a fighter trying to win from the crowd one simple thing: "Respect" (60 Minutes), "You know, not to sound corny or nuthin', but I felt like a fighter comin' up, man. I felt like, you know, I'm being attacked for this reason or that reason, and I gotta fight my way through this," (60 Minutes). This quote is motivational because Eminem went through addiction that led to a overdose and almost killed him. He continued on making music now to help and motivate people to keep on following their dreams. He also would influence his fans to fight their way out of harassment by being stronger and having the attention of a boxer which is like fighting for your life. When he was just beginning to rap in underground clubs in Detroit he got a lot of backlash for being white and horrendous at rapping. In this song "Lose yourself" he shows how he did not give up even when no one liked him at the time. "Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy? No He won't have it, he knows his whole back city's ropes It don't matter, he's dope, he knows that, but he's broke He's so stacked that he knows, when he goes back to his mobile home, that's when it's Back to the lab again yo, this whole rhapsody He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him" (Eminem). He does not give up in order to achieve is goal as a rapper . He won't let anyone or anything bring him down. The determination that Eminem has will be motivational towards people because he would not give up no matter what people say or if you have nothing.

Eminem is also inspirational because of his rise to stardom from being poor in 8 mile, Detroit. His progress began to gain a lot of controversy over his music. The lyrics that was controversial was about his mom, ex- wife, and many more serious topics. Eminem went through all that hate but he continued on making music. That's inspirational because he feels about his music and how no one can change who he is and they must deal with his liking. At the time when Eminem was still living at 8 mile he was going through a lot of hate being one of the only white guys at the underground club where the club will have rap battles. He was often the only white guy competing in underground clubs. '"There was certainly like a rebellious, like, youthful rage in me. And there was also the fact of no getting away from fact that I am white and you know this is predominantly black music you know. And people telling me 'You don't belong, like you're not going to succeed because you are this color.' Then you wanna show those people that you can and you will"' (60 Minutes). This quote is influential because Eminem believes that you must show the people who don't believe you that you can do it. He also believes that you can't let them see you upset. If the people bothering you do see you as a twig, they will snap you in half. With that belief Eminem carried on to work hard to become a mainstream rapper.

(http://hiphopgoldenage.com/artists/eminem/ ())

When Eminem got divorced with his wife a lot of terrible things were going on with his family. Eminem's ex wife was going through drug addiction and went through jealousy over Eminem's success. Eminem's ex-wife soon sued him multiple times for saying disturbing things in his music that he won't get rid of. Also Eminem's mom sued him too for making the song "Cleaning Up My Closet". During all of that drama Eminem was always working on his music to the point where he will barely see his daughter. He then made a song called "Mockingbird" to show his apology and that he cares for his daughter. "We did not plan it to be this way, your mother and me But things have got so bad between us I don't see us ever being together ever again Like we used to be when we was teenagers But then of course everything always happens for a reason I guess it was never meant to be But it's just something we have no control over and that's what destiny is But no more worries, rest your head and go to sleep Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream" (Eminem). This verse is inspirational by how it takes strength to promise your kid that even though your mom is going through drug addiction and you barely see your dad throughout the months, that everything is going to be fine in the long run.

"Eminem." Contemporary Musicians, vol. 53, Gale, 2005. Biography in Context,

link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1608004437/BIC1?u=powa9245&xid=48d50497. Accessed 11 Jan. 2017.

"Eminem Biography." Biography.com Editors, November 30, 2016, A&E Television Networks

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eminems-incredible-rise-to-stardom-07-08-2011/

February 2, 2017

Eminem. "Mockingbird."

Eminem "Lose Yourself"

News, CBS. "Eminem's Incredible Rise to Stardom." CBS News. CBS Interactive, 07 Aug. 2011. Web. 03 Feb. 2017.

Bio. - Eminem Biography
CBS 60 Minutes - Eminem's incredible rise to stardom