Frederick Grant Banting

by Crystal from Alberta

<a href=http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/education/images/science/photos/banting_01.jpg>Frederick  Banting </a>
Frederick Banting

To me medicine is important in the world. If it was not here then people couldn't get treated, and Frederick Banting is one of those important people that made medicine. Frederick Banting was a scientist who invented medicine for diabetes for dying kids, adults, and older people. He is my hero because he is a hero for people who had diabetes. He is a hero to everyone else. Some people may not think that medicine is important, but it is important to the world. It could save most lives.

What has Frederick Banting done in his early years? Frederick Banting was born downstairs bedroom in the old farmhouse on November 14, 1891. When he was young, he and his brothers worked with all the animals on the farm. Frederick Banting had three other brothers, and one sister. One of his brothers died sometime after he turned one. Frederick Banting didn’t have a hard life. He probably didn’t get much attention in his younger years.

Frederick Banting became a hero because, he invented medicine for diabetes. He is a hero because he discovered treatment for diabetes, and insulin. His discovery of insulin was one of the most important findings in the history of medicine. Frederick Banting and his partner tried so many times to get it right. From Frederick Banting’s discovery, millions of people around the world have been helped by his discovery.

After he invented insulin then he helped out in different things. Frederick Banting had married Marion Robertson in 1924. They had one child, William (born 1928). That marriage ended in a divorce in 1932. Then in 1937 he married Henritetta Ball. In World War 2 he learned how to fly an airplane, and he travelled in 1941, and crashed in Newfoundland and died. His child William is a lucky boy to have a famous dad. Banting gave up his life for World War 2 to help fly a plane.

<a href=http://www.euuzlet.hu/galeria/belyegek/2006/svajc-frederick-banting.jpg>Banting stamp</a>
Banting stamp

Frederick Banting is a wonderful person, and this is why. I picked him because he helped people that were dying and he is a hero to everyone else. Frederick Banting had discovered a treatment for diabetes and later he found insulin. He had a great life as a kid, and as an adult. I think other people should read about him and see what he was done in his life to help other people.

Frederick Grant Banting - Discovery of insulin
Frederick Banting - from wikipedia
Frederick Banting - Famous Canadians, U.C. Davis