Louis Farrakhan

by Antonio from Raleigh

A Hero is a person that puts other people before themselves. They care for others' needs before they worry about their personal wants and needs. My definition of a hero is that they always put a smile on their believers' faces.

Louis Farrakhan (Google/images)
Louis Farrakhan (Google/images)

He is a man who has changed my people's lives and is one of the major leaders of the Islamic culture. Louis Farrkhan has helped a lot of people. He influenced many people in many different countries. Farrakhan's believers said that "he was a better orater than Martin Luther King Jr." They said "he was a better author than Norman Mailer, a better Diplomat than Henry Kissinger, and more handsome than Muhammad Ali." He was an overall hero.

Louis Farrakhan was born Louis Eugene Walcott. He grew up in a Roxbury neighborhood in Boston, Mass. In the 1950's, he join the Nation of Islam and he changed his name to Louis X. Then later on after that he became Louis Farrakhan. In high school, Louis Walcott was a very successful student. He was an honor student, active Episcopalian, and a good track runner. After two years of college, he started his career as a violinist and a singer. He also used stage names, such as "Calypso Gene" and "The Charmer."

SPEECH GIVEN AT MILLION MAN MARCH(PARTIAL) This speech, given at the Million Man March, shows Farrakhan's destiny to be heard. His powerful words are in this speech:

"In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful. We thank Him for his prophets, and the scriptures which they brought. We thank him for Moses and the Torah. We thank him for Jesus and the Gospel. We thank him for Muhammad's Koran. Peace be upon these worthy servants of Allah. I am so grateful to Allah for his intervention in our affairs in the person of Master Farad Muhammad the Great Madi, who came among us and raised from among us a divine leader, teacher and guide, his messenger to us the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad. I greet all of you, my dear and wonderful brothers, with the greeting words of peace. We say it in the Arabic language, Asalam Eleecum. I would like to thank all of those known and unknown persons who worked to make this day of atonement and reconciliation a reality. My thanks and my extreme gratitude to the Reverend Benjamin Chavis and to all of the members of the national organizing committees. To all of the local organizing committees, to Dr. Dorothy Height in the National Council of Negro Women, and all of the sisters who were involved in the planning of the Million Man March. Of course, if I named all those persons whom I know helped to make this event a reality, it would take a tremendous amount of time. But suffice it to say that we are grateful to all who made this day possible."