Fateme

by Azar from Zahedan, Iran

image from: Sahebozzaman Islamic Center Of Atlanta

She is the prophet Mohammad's daughter. She is important because of what she did; she supported her father and told people that God is one. She told people not to worship false idols. She was a devoted daughter who supported her father as if she was his mother.

During the fight when enemies attacked, she helped take care of the wounded and the sick. Like a nurse she took care of those who needed it. She was always thinking about poor people.

She was a great mother, daughter and wife. She lived a simple life and studied and prayed all the night, then took care of her children throughout the day. Sometimes she would not eat for days because she would give her food away to poor people.

image by Jafar Darbagh Anbaran
image by Jafar Darbagh Anbaran

She lived during the 15th century and was active in many ways. She was a leader even for men during her lifetime. During that time period, Arabs buried their daughters because they were ashamed to have a girl...but after the Prophet Mohammed spoke out against this practice, it was stopped and later Fatimma helped many people follow Mohammed`s way after he passed away.

She is a role model for me. I admire her modesty and her knowledge and her skills. She was a good daughter, she was a good mother to her children, a good wife to her husband, and she was good to herself. She was always thinking about other people more than herself.

NAME: FATIMA BINTE MOHAMMAD
FATHER'S NAME: Pro. MOHAMMAD (P.B.U.H).
MOTHER'S NAME: KHADIJA BINTE KHOILID.
DATE OF BIRTH: FRIDAY, 20th JAMADI UL AAKHIR 7 YEARS Before HEGRY GHAMARY.
PLACE OF BIRTH: MAKKAH.
HUSBAND'S NAME: ALI IBNE ABI TALIB (A.S).
SON'S NAME: HASAN, HUSSAIN, MOHSAN.
DAUGHTER'S NAME: ZAINAB, UMME KULSOOM.
FAMILY NAME: UMMUL HASAN,UMMUL AAIMMA.
TITLE: ZEHRA, SIDDIQA, KUBRA,TAHIRA, RAVIA, MARZIA,BATOOL, MOHADDISA.
DIED: AGE 18 YEARS.
MARTYRDOM: 13
JAMADI UL AWWAL/3 JAMADI UL AAKHIR.
BURIED AT: JANNATUL BAQI-MADINA.