Brett Favre

by Michael

In 1992 Favre took over the starting quarterback job for the Green Bay Packers. He had a very successful first few seasons. Quarterbacks receive hit after hit every week and in the course of treating various injuries Favre developed an addiction to pain killers.

In 1996 While Brett was recovering from an ankle Injury he had a seizure. At that moment in time Brett realized that something needed to be done. Just like a true hero Brett went public with his problem and entered himself into Into a rehabilitation clinic where he stayed for 46 days. Favre has been totally clean since. Just one season later Brett led his Green Bay packers to a super bowl victory over the New England Patriots.

brett favre (www.sportsline.com)
brett favre (www.sportsline.com)

Brett Favre was well on his way to becoming a Football Legend He had back to back super bowl appearances and was becoming a household name. He Had came back from two life threatening Predicaments and survived both of them. He has never went around blaming everyone else because of his misfortune. He had always been able to bounce back from his own problems but on December 21, 2003 his father died. His Father was His High school football coach and His mentor. Brett was devastated but considering Brett was a true hero, he played on Monday night football the next night. That night Brett had on of his best games ever. He threw for four touchdowns and an amazing 399 passing Yards. This was a tremendous display of courage on his behalf. The next week Favre led the packers to win the NFC north division for the 2003 season.

Brett Favre is one who has had as an amazing life, not only as a person but as a hero, too. He has shown that he has what it takes to endure accidents, deaths, and addictions. When things get tough Brett always thinks of how worse things could be for him. Brett has the heart, determination, will power and sense of humor that has taken him far in life on and off the field. Brett Favre will be remembered in the near future as a great player but he will be remembered years from now as a great person.

#, #. "Brett favre stats." [Online] Available http://www.favremadness.com.

, UNknown. "The Athlete." [Online] Available http://www.brettfavre.com.

, unlnown. brett favre info.

Sportsline. brett favre pictures and stats.

Packers, Green Bay. Brett favre.