Filippo Saves Boy's Life

by Hannah from Ocean Springs

Filippo the dolphin saves teenager (worldtopdata.blogspot.com)

A non-swimmer, 14 year old boy, Davide Ceci, fell from his father's boat. Emanuele Ceci, was unaware that Davide had fallen into the water. Davide was just minutes away from drowning when a dolphin named Filippo (a popular tourist attraction off the coast of Manfredonia in south-east Italy) pushed him up out of the water into safety.

Davide said: "When I realised it was Filippo pushing me, I grabbed on to him." Filippo got close enough to the boat so Davide's father could pull him up onto the boat.

Davide's mother Signora Ceci said: "It is a hero, it seems impossible an animal could have done something like that, to feel the instinct to save a human life."

Maritime researcher Dr Giovanna Barbieri said: "Filippo seems not to have the slightest fear of humans. I'm not surprised he should have done such a wonderful thing as to save a human."