Fireheart

by Emma from Hillsborough

A hero is someone that is brave, caring, has a good heart, and sacrifices for others. These are just some of the amazing things about Fireheart. He's a hero because of all these wonderful things. Each one a main reason for him being loved.

Fireheart was born a house cat, but was soon drawn into the forest. He then met Graystripe, his future best friend, and Bluestar, his future leader. Bluestar offered him a place in ThunderClan, his future home. He accepted, but soon after discovered an evil plot lead by the murderer Tigerclaw. He tried warning Bluestar, but she wouldn't believe him because everyone thought that Tigerclaw was a wonderful cat. Then, Tigerclaw tried to kill Bluestar, but was stopped by Fireheart. Tigerclaw was then exiled. Fireheart then brought his nephew into ThunderClan soon after Tigerclaw became leader of ShadowClan and Fireheart leader of ThunderClan, after Bluestar death. Finally, Tigerclaw was killed and Fireheart and his clanc and all the cats of the forest could rest in peace. Fireheart's mate, Sandstorm, had their two daughters, Squirrelflight and Leafpool. Then, Squirrelflight soon had his three grandchildren, Lionpaw, Hollypaw, and Jaypaw.

Fireheart is brave because he battles against a cat that is even more evil than Tigerclaw, with dog and cat teeth studded on his collar, along with dog claws on his own claws. This cat killed Tigerclaw in a heart-beat. He is also brave when he leads a dog pack away from the camp, the center of his territory. Fireheart is a truly brave warrior.

Also, Fireheart is caring. When one of his clan-mates gets attacked on his first day at the camp, Fireheart immediately wants to comfort the cat. He also nurses an elder, retired cat, back to health, even though everyone else doesn't want anything to do with her. Fireheart is very caring cat and helps a lot of cats in his time.

Additionally, Fireheart has a good heart. When his friend, Graystripe, falls in love with a RiverClan cat, which is not permitted, he is very supportive of his friend, even though he doesn't approve. He also comforts Graystripe when his mate dies giving birth to their two kits. He comforts cats, even if they're not from his clan, in their time of need.

In addition, Fireheart sacrifices for others. He trains his friend's apprentice when he's off seeing his mate, even though he has an apprentice of his own, no apprentice should be left untrained. Also, he sacrifices his own life when the dogs attack, knowing he may not come back alive. He knows he must put the clan first above everything else.

Now, Fireheart is brave, caring, has a good heart, and sacrifices for his clan. He truly is a hero, and that's why I chose Fireheart for MY HERO.

Fireheart - from Fire and Ice (Warriors) - Wikipedia