Terry Fox

by Ramnik from Calgary

Pain must end
Terry Fox  is running in Vancover
Terry Fox is running in Vancover

Terry fox was born in Winnipeg, Ottawa. He was raised in Port, Coqulitlam, British Columbia. Terry Fox had one sister and two brothers. Terry Fox's older brother's name was Darrell and his second brother's name is Fred. His sister’s name is Judith. Terry Fox's mom's name is Betty and his dad's name is Rolly.

Terry Fox decided that he would run a marathon to raise money for people who had cancer. He had decided that he would give the money to the doctors to cure cancer. The marathon was called The Marathon of Hope. Terry Fox did not make the run all the way across the world. Terry Fox raised 360 million dollars.I think that Terry Fox was a very brave person and I have leaned that not every body has 2 arms or 2 legs or maybe they are paralyzed, but I have learned that every body is the same and that no one should be judged on how they look.

Picture of the Terry Fox coin
Picture of the Terry Fox coin

It is hard to believe that Terry Fox never got any medals. His brother, Darrell, did make a memorial in his honor and there is a coin with Terry Fox on it.

I chose Terry Fox because he is an inspiring person to do it on because he was so brave and he was so courageous and he never bothered to stop running even when some would say that he was a failure and that he wouldn’t make it.

Terry Fox button
Terry Fox button

My parents think that Terry Fox is a very good person because, even though he was sick, he was still motivated to run. The cool thing is is that my aunt got to see Terry Fox run in Vancouver.

Terry Fox run - The Terry Fox Run
Terry Fox Monument - Biography on Terry Fox