Georgia O'Keeffe

by Chelsie from Ocean Springs

An inspiring woman
Georgia O'Keeffe (http://arthistorygalore.wordpress.com/category/georgia-okeeffe/)

A hero is someone who inspires you greatly. Also, someone who you just look up to and you really care to know more about them. My name is Chelsie. I believe that anyone has what it take to be a hero. But, the one person I mostly look up to is Georgia O'Keeffe. This woman has so many great accomplishments, and her look out on life was amazing. Here are a few reasons why Georgia O'Keeffe is my hero.

Georgia was born November 15, 1887. She was the second daughter of the O'Keeffes. She had six siblings. She went to Town Hall School for her elementary years. For high school she attended the School of Art Institute of Chicago. Her career started from there.

Georgia O'Keeffe:
Georgia O'Keeffe's art. Georgia had an extraordinary imagination. Most people judged her for this gift and thought it just wasn't normal to paint like she did. She used bright colors and abstract shapes. None of her paintings were explainable to the human eye, unless you understood the feeling in the shapes and colors. I came to think she just wanted to challenge the human mind. When she painted scenery she still mixed it up a bit. I was inspired by this because it was really great in my mind to see someone be extraordinary for a change and not having the same routine. This is information about her arts.

Look out on life:
Georgia had a very "weird" look on life. She believed everything to be bright and colorful. She liked to stand out in her art and writing. She liked everything to be different and unexplainable. The only way you could understand her was to be insane just like she was. Although, she was sane in other ways she expressed her craziness in the arts. She believed she should show how different she was and make it loud and proud. She used nature and humans to inspire her arts and writings. She thought the best things came out of these. These are a few examples of Georgia's lookout on life.

Lastly, Georgia O'Keeffe is just an impressive woman. She has so many great accomplishments with her art work, writing, and the speaking for others. She showed the world it was okay to be different and not normal. Also, to express yourself and use the environment to help you with this. She was unbelievably intelligent. Even though Georgia had a time when she was thought to be insane, she was just so great to this world, and these are the reasons why she is my hero. Thank You.

O'Keeffe Museum - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum is dedicated to the life, art and legacy of Georgia O'Keeffe.
Georgia O'Keeffe - PBS: American Masters