Son Goku

by Spencer from Great Falls

Goku Super Saiyan (http://animecentre.tumblr.com/)

My hero is widely known all over the world for his strength, power, undying determination to become stronger, and for the on going fight with Superman. Son Goku (Kakarot) is my hero. Goku has always striven to beat his goals of strength and to get stronger. Although that's not so hard for him.

Goku is a Saiyajin and with every fight they have the stronger they become. So when Saiyajins lose a fight, that only increases the power and strength they have tenfold. To add to his power Goku learned a technique from Kaiousama called Kaio-ken, which doubles his strength, speed and senses.

Shenron (pinterest.com)
Shenron (pinterest.com)

Goku was a child when he was sent to Earth by his father, who had planned for Goku to destroy the planet. On his arrival to Earth, Goku took a blow to his head and as a result got amnesia. He was then found and raised by Son Gohan, who was like a grandfather figure to Goku. In his teen years Goku turned into an Oozaru. When in the form of an Oozaru, Goku killed Son Gohan. Then his real adventure began, starting when he decided to go with Bulma, a young girl in search of the seven Dragonballs to summon the dragon Shenron, who grants one wish to the person who summoned him as long as the wish does not exceed the power of his creator.

Super Saiyan god Goku (SuperSaiyjinGod2.jpg)

Goku has had many Saiyajin forms in the Dragonball franchise and always exceeds the form he has to a more powerful form. Goku achieved the legendary form of "Super Saiyajin god" with the help of Shenron to confront a chaotic neutral enemy named Bills, he is "The Destroyer god". He came to destroy Earth, and to stop him Goku needed the new form. Goku ultimately defeated Bills but it was a long and hard battle that ended up with Goku actually keeping his new form and standing on top as the winner of the battle.

Bills vs Goku
Bills vs Goku

Goku may be a fictional character, but he has inspired me to never give up and to always try to improve what I can about myself. Goku is a hero in general, he stands up to anyone to protect Earth from evil, he stands as a light in the dark, and a symbol that you can do anything and beat all your goals if you don't stop pushing your limits. I have a hero, a hero from another world, a hero that stops at nothing to protect the world and those he calls friend. My hero Son Goku is that hero, he is my hero because he inspired me to NEVER give up and to strive to new strength, and for that he has my well deserved respect.

Goku - International Hero