GUESTBOOK

Who is your Hero?

nope from nope, nope, nope - 10/2/2019 3:54:33 PM
My hero is: Ellen Ochoa. i love her so ur mah hispanic heritige hero! my teacher told me to do an essay on a hispanic HERO so i choose u! i hope u luv me too!

erin gruwell
100%
angle from california, mereno valley, mereno valley - 10/1/2019 7:21:35 PM
My hero is: Erin Gruwell. I love my hero

hailee from Australia , prospect, tas - 9/10/2019 8:03:41 PM
My hero is: Steve Irwin.

He has a wife and kids.

koli shubhangi from dhule, maharashtra, india - 9/9/2019 3:41:42 AM
My hero is: My Mom and Dad.

The greatest gift I never had came from God; I call them Mom and Dad.

Jet and his mom
Mike Myers
Mike Myers from Pensacola, Florida, United States - 8/4/2019 10:36:19 AM
My hero is: Jethro (Jet) Davidson.

On the morning of July 30 2019, my close friend came with-in-moments of losing her life. She had a aneurism and fell to the floor unconscious. Unnoticed for a short time lying on her bathroom floor, her 13 year old son soon suspects there's something wrong. Discovering his mother is in distress he responds. He quickly FLYS into action. Seeing her laying there unresponsive, Jet, without hesitation performs CPR and dials 911. Providing his mother with these much needed life saving techniques until help arrives, he saves his moms life. Real Life, Real Time Hero, this appropriately named young man.....Jet.

none
none
ashley davila from Bakersfield, CA, none - 7/10/2019 9:35:26 PM
My hero is: ellen degeneres. ellen is my hero forever

Tate C. - 4/30/2019 12:58:56 PM
My hero is: Alsiha E.. My hero is my mom Alisha. She has always been there for my and that is only one of the many reasons she is my hero. She has worked hard her whole life even when she had me she work twice as hard. She has also cared for me my whole life like when I would fall she would help me. And she has always motivated me when I'd fall off my bike she would say " Get up and try again." and that is way she is my hero.

Makena K - 4/30/2019 12:58:45 PM
My hero is: Brad K.. My hero is strong. Not only strong but tough lover. I chose my dad because he is honest. He reminded me that when saying thank you, you have to look them in the eye, to truly show you mean it. My dad has showed me, to have fun you have to work for it. He will spend nights in the field to keep the cabin in the lakes. So in the summer we can spend time there. And have our fun. Brad is also a great story teller. When he comes home from someplace. He will come back with a story. On of my favorites is when, it was to wet in the fields and his tractors were stuck. He came back with pictures. They were crazy cool. My dad has many characteristics. And I love him for it.

Syerah V.M - 4/30/2019 12:58:24 PM
My hero is: My Mom. My mom is my hero because she is very supportive and she is nice to me, she respects me, and she also is there when I need!

Tracy J
MOC-Floyd Valley
Brayan C - 4/30/2019 12:57:23 PM
My hero is: Mrs. J. My hero is very smart. She is an English teacher also known as Mrs. J. She is always in a good. It is a good thing that she is always in a happy mood. She is also very competitive. I am also competitive. She is a very good and happy person in general

carter - 4/30/2019 12:57:18 PM
My hero is: Grandpa ed. He is 72 and was in the army for many years of his life, but unfortunately his brother died in war while in the military. After he the army he meet the love of his wife, Nattily Brummel. Now 20 plus years later they live in Sioux Center living a good life.

Sarah M. - 4/30/2019 12:56:51 PM
My hero is: Sam M.. Sam has showed kindness, honesty, responsibility, generosity, and many more wonderful character traits. He has been a really amazing role model to me and many others. While he might not notice the many things he does great, people that surround him in his life do. He is not flawless however. He makes many mistakes, but when he makes mistakes, he takes the time to fix those mistakes and make it right. Sam is not perfect, but he is a wonderful hero.

Irving R. - 4/30/2019 12:56:02 PM
My hero is: Erika I.. Great

Eden K. - 4/30/2019 12:56:00 PM
My hero is: Craig B.. My hero is my grandpa. My grandpa is my hero bacasue he get through everythong some how he is open and wilol do anything he can to help you . He is restrited a little bit for the fact that he is in the wheel chair and also has a feeding tub, venalater, and also he has a trake. He was also dignost with kennedys disease. He was in the hostpital for like a year soild and got through it he is a open honest person.

Dominic schmitz - 4/30/2019 12:55:18 PM
My hero is: Tonya S. She is kind and generous and loving and provides for the family

Alyssa M. - 4/30/2019 12:53:19 PM
My hero is: Karen M.. My grandma, Karen, is my hero because of all the things she does for me, my family, and other people. She brings us food even thought we don't kneed it. She bakes food for strangers and my family. She does many more thing that are hero like, but those are a few of them.

Ava M. - 4/30/2019 12:53:13 PM
My hero is: Josh M.. My hero is my dad and right now we are all having some tough times. My dad was diagnosed with cancer not to long ago and just had his surgery. He's doing much better but I chose him as my hero because he cares for me like no other! He has helped me, cared for me, been motivation and encouraging to me and others! He is the best dad I could ever ask for!

Hunter B. from Orange City, Iowa/ Christian, U.S.A. - 4/30/2019 12:53:02 PM
My hero is: Penny B.. My hero is my mom. She is a single mom. She works a lot of hours every week. My mom week after week makes sure that I respect everybody how I want to be respected. She makes sure that I am always asking help from God to make sure I am keeping a healthy relationship with him.

Jackson Feenstra - 4/30/2019 12:52:46 PM
My hero is: My mom/ Stephanie Feenstra. She is very nice and very giving. She works very hard and does good things for other people.

Irving R. from Orange City, Iowa, Unites States Of America - 4/30/2019 12:52:13 PM
My hero is: My mom. Great

Irving R. from Orange City, Iowa, Unites States Of America - 4/30/2019 12:51:56 PM
My hero is: My mom. Great

Shyenne Z. - 4/30/2019 12:51:54 PM
My hero is: Patti B.. My hero is my grandma. She inspires me in everything she does. She is a talented painter, baker, and artist in general. She is also kind and she likes to know how my day/week went. She does not get mad easily and deeply cares about everything and anything! She is kind, talented, sweet and she will always be my hero!!!!

Moises S. - 4/30/2019 12:51:47 PM
My hero is: My Mom. My mom is very hard-working when ever i'm down she is always there for me. She is motivating like she motivates me to never give up and to chase my dreams. Also she is encouraging to me and my sister since she worked hard to have the life we have now.

Blake A - 4/30/2019 12:49:15 PM
My hero is: Brady A.. My hero is my dad. He is my hero because he does so much for my family and plays sports and sacrifices his time for mine. Like taking me out fishing, playing sports, and going to our sporting events. That's why he is my hero.

Trevor M. - 4/30/2019 12:49:08 PM
My hero is: Richard H.. He is the most hard working person I have ever seen. He also adores helping people.

Marisa L. - 4/30/2019 12:49:06 PM
My hero is: Sharon K. . She is my grandma. She is loving, kind, and hardworking. She gives more than we ask for. She will do anything for her family. She is the best grandma anyone could ask for.

Ty Van Wyk - 4/30/2019 11:31:02 AM
My hero is: Whitney V.W.. My mom is a loving and cheerful person. She's cheerful, because I do sports and whenever i'm playing she will encourage me to keep going and to get better. She's loving because she has to deal with four children and she loves us all equally. She also tries to make the best out of everything.

Tehya Hoey - 4/30/2019 11:30:51 AM
My hero is: My dad. My dad is the best. I love him so much. The thing that I love the most about him is how faithful he is and how honest. My dad will always have faith with himself and always push himself or me to keep going. He always will tell the truth and if I ask him a question he will be very honest about it. I also admire how kind he is. He loves helping people and doing things for other people. He also loves children and is always willing to take care or help someone if they need help. My dad is a superintendent a South Dakota and has a lot of connections with people and a lot of friends. His friends also think that he is such an amazing person by how kind he was to them and he showed his kindness to other people and they shared it back. He really is such an amazing person.

Cody B. - 4/30/2019 11:28:54 AM
My hero is: Richard B.. he is my hero because he is my dad. he makes me laugh and smile when i'm upset. he helps me with homework. when he needs help I help him. he is my hero and he is replaceable.

Jackson S. - 4/30/2019 11:28:41 AM
My hero is: Tonya S.. My hero is generous, kind, loving, and fun. Also my hero likes to help me with my sports and other activities. My hero helps me get my grades up so i can have more fun in my life. My hero helps me meet my goals like completing school and not having to do summer school or getting held back. I like having my hero with me so i can be safe and reaching my goals.

Ayden M. - 4/30/2019 11:26:36 AM
My hero is: My mom. My hero is my mom for multiple reasons. For one, she taught me that is is important to be determined in life. She showed me that by making me to football still even though football was getting tough. She also taught me that it is important to be kind. She showed me that when she took me out to go shopping and bought me some things that were not really necessary for me to have. Plus, she showed me that it is important to encourage people. If I have any sport event, my mom will be there and cheer me on, no matter how much she likes the sport. Last, she is always there to comfort me. When my two dogs died within the same month I was devastated. She was always at my side and comforted me whenever I needed comforting. That is why she is my hero.

Maria J - 4/30/2019 11:26:15 AM
My hero is: My mom. She is carrying, loving, and selfless. She is someone that will take control when thongs get tough and she will stay strong emotionally and physically. My mom is someone you can always count on to be there for you when you need it most and when you think you don't need it. I feel bad for the people that don't know her because she is someone that you want in your life. My mom is someone that is good to have in your life because she will always do whats best for and is always there for you.

Anisa - 4/30/2019 11:26:13 AM
My hero is: Jennifer DY. My hero helps me everyday. She helps with homework and about any problems I have. She keeps my attitude as nice as it can be and does not influence a bad attitude. My hero makes meals everyday just for our family.

Payton P - 4/30/2019 11:25:55 AM
My hero is: Mathew P.. My hero encourages me to work hard for something if I want it and he is kind to me and others by showing respect and always having a positive attitude. Also my hero always has a smile on his face and I am lucky that he is my hero.

Jaxson F - 4/30/2019 11:25:46 AM
My hero is: Rex F. He is funny and he very deter mend. He will keeps you going. Some times he can get crabby but that's only some times.

Ross E. - 4/30/2019 11:25:39 AM
My hero is: Laura E.. She is a caring, loving, generous, responsible, smart, hard-working mom. She has always helped me through hard times and times I felt I couldn't do something. My mom will always be my hero!

Noah.B - 4/30/2019 11:25:35 AM
My hero is: Rebecca.B. She is my mom she is very smart and she loves her boys. The tattoos on her explain it. She can do a lot of amazing things. She is my hero because she is loyal kind and trust worthy.

Graci H. - 4/30/2019 11:25:13 AM
My hero is: Matt P.. He is a funny weird guy who loves to have a good time. Wen you are sad he knows the perfect way to cheer you up. He has a unique way of making up names for people. He is the most generous person I have ever met when you need him to fix something if you ask him he will be there.

Carson V. - 4/30/2019 11:25:06 AM
My hero is: Alayna VR. . Alayna has a very kind heart and loves kids. She is always there for me when I am in need of advice or just someone to talk to. She is always willing to get to the bottom of a problem and figure out how it happened. She is selfless because she watches kids instead of hanging out with friends.

Jackie .V. - 4/30/2019 11:24:36 AM
My hero is: Kim .G.. She is kind loving, and helpful. She is also easy to talk to, to get rid of stress or worries. Her family is like a family she is so helpful to us. She has been working/helping us through the past 1 or 2 years. She helps with my homework a lot of the time. Puts me in camps for summer. She pays for a lot of my stuff.

Larkin Wede - 4/30/2019 11:24:27 AM
My hero is: My mom. My mom is a very hard-worker and she does work for three different things: NWC college because she is a teacher there, at the hospital as a nurse, and she is getting her masters degree. My mom is also very sarcastic because she can make things seem better or worse than they really are. Lastly my mom is very loving and caring, I believe that my mom is loving/caring because even if she is busy she still goes to all my things and spends lots of time with all of us.

Kira A. - 4/30/2019 11:24:27 AM
My hero is: My mom. My mom is a loving, caring, smart, sweet, generous, and funny person. I really can't stay mad at her for long because I will end up not being mad at her anymore because she makes me laugh and she says sorry or she makes me say sorry. She inspires me to be a better person and she cheers me up whenever i'm sad.

Noah S - 4/30/2019 11:23:04 AM
My hero is: David S. He is my dad and he is very awesome and caring to me and my brothers as well as other people.

Kaiden. u - 4/30/2019 11:20:49 AM
My hero is: Maggie. U. She is very nice and kind.

Owen VP - 4/30/2019 8:54:48 AM
My hero is: Matthew VP. Matthew (my dad) is a very selfless person. He gives countless hours of extra work to his job and church, he also gives a lot of money to the church. He is also very determined, if he starts something, he won't stop until it is finished. He will also push others to do there best and finish what they started.

Kandace V.O. - 4/30/2019 8:53:30 AM
My hero is: Alan V.O.. My Hero is my dad, he always is helping someone in our family in need. My Dad, his always helping people because he is a construction worker. My dad is great because he provides the money for my family. He is really fun when it comes to games, Especially hide and seak. He is really good at it. My dad also is the best because he lets us go on vacations even if we don´t have enough money we still get to do fun things!

Brenda.V - 4/30/2019 8:53:14 AM
My hero is: My English teacher. Shes always keeps me on task and tells me which homework I have to do still.

Ian V. - 4/30/2019 8:50:59 AM
My hero is: Jeffrey V.. My hero is a loving, caring, kind dad. He's gone through very hard times, raising four kids in a Christian household, and going through two very tough miscarriages. He has taught us right from wrong and morals that will help us forever. My hero works relentlessly at Northwestern College, trying to make it a better, fairer place for everyone around. He is trustworthy and honest, and you can always count on him to help you in times of need. He has led a couple of people to a better life in Christianity and is always around to help. PLUS, HE LOVES THE SEAHAWKS! Go hawks! My dad is my hero, and I think he should be recognized for the everyday things he does for us.

Ezra B. - 4/30/2019 8:49:35 AM
My hero is: Duane B.. He is very important because he teaches people how to be generous in many ways. He shows how he cares for me and my siblings and cousins. He is a devoted man that worships God with all his heart and soul. He shows how you need to take time in Gods word and prayer. He shows people how to be good stewards of all that God has given to us.

Josh R. - 4/30/2019 8:48:04 AM
My hero is: Franklin N.. My grandfather is an amazing person that has not only helped me, but many others throughout his life (and still today). One of the major things that he has done for EVERYONE is taking part in saving our country, and going off to the Vietnam war. Many things happened to to him during the time period that he was there, and a lot of those things changed his life. He now works on a farm and says that he LOVES it because when he was growing up his dream was to become a farmer.

Madison H. - 4/30/2019 8:47:11 AM
My hero is: Jason H.. Jason is a hardworking person. He is a dairy farmer that tries to make an honest living. He is a wonderful dad and husband. He teaches his kids many things like to always be honest, have integrity, do the right thing, and work hard. Jason hasn't done anything to change the world but he has done things to change my life.

Ava DJ - 4/30/2019 8:46:56 AM
My hero is: Bonnie DJ. She is my grandmother. She always helps me, no matter what. I know that she will always be there for me. My grandmother is a very special woman. She loves and appreciates me.

Zoe P. - 4/30/2019 8:46:47 AM
My hero is: Janice W.. My hero is a kind, brave, helpful person who will work hard at any task at hand

Caleb Sloan - 4/30/2019 8:45:55 AM
My hero is: My dad. My dad helps me and is very caring and responsible

Kelsey O. - 4/30/2019 8:45:23 AM
My hero is: Brent O.. My hero is someone that has raised me since I was born. He is very hard working and is always providing income for our family because of his awesome work ethic. I admire him as he is always doing what the Lord would want us to do. I think it is important that he is humorous too because he always cheers me up when I am feeling down. I am very proud to call my hero dad!

Addy L. - 4/30/2019 8:45:18 AM
My hero is: Mike L.. Mike is my uncle and he has a very big impact on my life. He has shown me what it means to be a hero to others. Mike always asks his family if they want to go somewhere and always offers to pay for it. He also supports us at every event we have may that be musical, athletic, or academic. He is just an amazing person who I always go to in the hard times.

Micah S. - 4/30/2019 8:45:15 AM
My hero is: Jon S.. Jon S. is my dad, and he is also my hero. He is my hero because he helped to raise me and helped me become the person I am today. He helped our basketball team out for practices and tournaments and he also works very hard at Trans Ova (where he works) to raise money for our family to do fun things, such as go on vacations. He also took a whole weekend off in January to take me to Ames and have a fun weekend with me, including going to an Iowa State men's basketball game. The cool thing about that was that it was a very important game for the ISU Cyclones. Those are some reasons why my dad is my hero!

Ava DJ - 4/30/2019 8:43:23 AM
My hero is: Bonnie DJ. She is my grandmother. She always helps me, no matter what. I have a very strong relationship with her.

Ahman L. - 4/30/2019 8:25:07 AM
My hero is: Benjamin L.. He is very caring and he cares for lots of people he also forgives when things go wrong. He is also a very hard worker at home, work and anywhere there is help needed. He always pushes through and does it well. He is an engineer that works at Civco and he helps on treatments to treats cancer.

Kennedy F. - 4/30/2019 8:19:26 AM
My hero is: Rachel F.. Rachel F. is my mother. She encourages people, she perseveres, she admits her failures, and she serves others. My mom encourages people by helping them with their financial problems and supporting them. She perseveres through hard things and doesn't give up right away when she realizes that it will be hard. She admits her failures and doesn't act like she is perfect. She serves others by watching single mothers' kids.

Teylor P. - 4/30/2019 8:13:42 AM
My hero is: Tracy J. She is a 6th-grade English, she helps kids she was kids of her own and is hardworking she loves when people help her with grading test and stuff like that. I call her mrs.J because she is my teacher at mocfv middle school. she is a great teacher. mrs.j is a great teacher she thinks people should have a hero because if people did not have heroes we would make the wrong choice.

James B. - 4/30/2019 8:11:16 AM
My hero is: Adam B.. He is going to be the industrial tech teacher at the high school next year. He is my dad. He is creative, persevering, motivating, and encouraging. His hero is Mr. Furlong. The most important lesson a hero has ever taught him is to learn from his mistakes. He has taught me many life lessons. He thinks one of the most important characteristics of a hero is empathy.

Annika B. - 4/30/2019 8:10:39 AM
My hero is: Scott B. . Scott is a pastor and a coach for two sports, softball and basketball. He is very supportive and helpful. He also loves to tell jokes and is very funny. Scott is also very patient and kind and loves to help others when they are in need. Scott is a great dad and he loves his family. I know this because he is my dad and he is wonderful and amazing. He coaches my sports and is my pastor and I couldn't ask for a better dad. His hero is many of the elders on the church board. They challenge him to be better and to grow in his faith. I love my dad and all that he has taught me.

Jada B - 4/30/2019 8:08:36 AM
My hero is: Aaron B. there are amazing a lot of amazing things about my hero. Some things my hero have is patient, genorsity, and self control. I can see self control really real because he use to hang out with people that do bad things but he have self control to not do those bad things. He also have genoristy because he went to the army to fight for are country.

Tyler.W - 4/30/2019 8:08:24 AM
My hero is: Brandon D. he was in the army for 4 years but he stopped and now he does construction he loves his family and cares for them. and he works hard every day just to feed them . he is there when we need him on time every day. he makes a good a hero by protecting the people he loves and will never stop until the day he dies.

Nathan A. - 4/30/2019 8:07:06 AM
My hero is: Ruth O.. My hero is someone who was overcame her struggles, and through it all, relied preeminently on the Lord. Her husband was diagnosed with cancer, and she was faithful, kind, encouraging, and supportive to him until the end. She was crucial to the lives of her grandchildren and has influenced many people in a positive way. Mostly, she is a strong Christian who spreads the Good News with people all around her; she really cares! It is not hard to tell that she is a hero!

Elena V. - 4/30/2019 8:07:04 AM
My hero is: Victoria K.. My hero is generous and caring and always, always thinks of others. She became my hero because she valued things such as honesty and generosity. She also pushed these beliefs into action. She would show kindness and care for many many people and always though of others. She is hard working and pushes to help others. She is a true hero to me, because of how she builds people up and shows them happiness in their life.

Heydan H. - 4/30/2019 8:06:56 AM
My hero is: Eric H.. He is kind, loving, hard working, caring, giving, and a lot more things. He does a lot of things for me and my family. he works hard long days just so that my family can have shelter, food, and protection. He gives a lot of free labor and money to others

Matthew .P - 4/30/2019 8:06:55 AM
My hero is: Madison .P. she is hard working and she will never stop working until she has the job done. she is a giving person who will give to people on special occasion. she is dependable because she will always be there to help people and help her friend and her family,.

Garrett R. - 4/30/2019 8:06:37 AM
My hero is: Joey R.. My hero had previously served in Iraq. He is a very nice and caring man. He is also very smart, having made 40-50 maps. He also is very understanding. My hero is also very proud, having really wanted to serve his country.

Elin V. - 4/30/2019 8:06:13 AM
My hero is: Kara V.. Kara V. is my hero and also my mom. She perseveres through tough times that she may have. She also is friendly to everyone she sees, and is a good role model to show how you should act in public, and at home. She is also disciplining others so they know what they can and cannot do, so they can do what is right, and not have everything the easy way. Kara is honest to everyone and helps other people. This is why Kara is a great hero to have.

Bridget P. - 4/30/2019 8:06:05 AM
My hero is: Marcia P. . My hero is very dear to me and is willing to help me out during tough times when I think less of myself. My hero is very encouraging and helpful in school mainly during homework and band like drum major auditions etc. Although she has a large plate on her table with all the things she has to cover for our family she always manages time for us in her life. My mom cooks for our family, works, cleans and many more important duties that I couldn't live without. She can get stressed at times but that's mainly because my siblings and I cause trouble that she has to deal with. Even though things can happen I don't know what I would do without my mom in my life!

Caleb G. - 4/30/2019 8:04:45 AM
My hero is: Heather G.. My hero is a mother of five and is very nice. She has overcome her troubles and shown light through the dark. She has helped me get through tough times and is always honest with herself and others. She is very beneficial to be around and will love her kids to the end. That is why my mom is my hero.

Seth M - 4/30/2019 8:04:03 AM
My hero is: Daryl DG. My hero is my grandpa. He is my specific hero because of his willingness to work hard and stand up for what is right. For example, he wakes up at five in the morning to do chores, and he finishes up around eight o clock. He is very brave and he never complains even though he has terrible back legs and hands that give him lots of pain. He is a great role model and an amazing hero.

Eli - 4/30/2019 8:03:57 AM
My hero is: Robin S.. She is very kind to people she barely knows. She loves me and every person she is related to. She is very generous she has always given me what I needed even if it meant she couldn't care for herself. She also is generous because she helps my friends. She is very encouraging to me during sports and homework. She also likes to help animals. She cares for people at her work and helps them if they are sick

Anthony P. - 4/30/2019 8:02:55 AM
My hero is: MY DAD. My Dad is a pastor at a church in Sioux Center, he is well known in Worthington MN. My Dad has compassion for other people he is generous, he prays every day so that the members of people are safe and healthy.

Karsten Scholtens - 4/30/2019 8:02:13 AM
My hero is: Lori S.. She encourages me and she works hard and she is very helpful

Tyler.W - 4/30/2019 8:01:25 AM
My hero is: brandon D. he was in the army for 4 years but he stopped and now he does construction he loves his family and cares for them

Sydnie S - 4/30/2019 8:00:44 AM
My hero is: Kim S. My hero is my mom because she is always here when we need her. She helps us with anything if we have a question she answers it. My mom is inspiring and encouraging she inspires up and encourages us if we are doing something wrong she teaches us how to help others too!

Karsten S. - 4/30/2019 7:59:55 AM
My hero is: Lori S.. She is important to me because she encourages me, she works hard, and she is very helpful and is willing to help people.

Valery N. - 4/30/2019 6:32:50 AM
My hero is: Grandma. My hero is my Grandma. My Grandma is humble and kind. My Grandma is always thinking about others more than her. She is always loyal and never would tell other people secrets. She believes that for true happiness you have to be able to love and be kind to other people, just like God did to us.

Kaylinn VM - 4/30/2019 6:31:50 AM
My hero is: My mom Jami V, A.K.A (The Crazy Coupon Lady). My hero is my mom because she is The Crazy Coupon Lady and because she helps random people at Walmart.

Brian A - 4/30/2019 6:30:41 AM
My hero is: My older sister, Jazmin R . My hero, Jazmin, is a nurse. She works with older people so they can have the best lives they can. I think my sister is a hero because she is a very caring person. She is willing to help anyone when they ask. She is also very kind. A qualitie of being a hero is being kind, and my sister is very kind.

Cody H. - 4/30/2019 6:29:32 AM
My hero is: Tammy H.. My hero is my mom because she does almost everything for me. She is caring, responsible, smart, and helpful. A lot of things she does for me is cook my food, wash all of my laundry, and washes dishes, but I do the dishwasher.

Avery VD - 4/30/2019 6:29:18 AM
My hero is: My sister, Arianna V. She is a hero to me because she tells me that I need to keep on going in life and always keep trying to succeed because she wants me to accomplish goals that she didn't. She always pushed me to do my best and she still does. She has also set very good examples in her path that I should follow like getting a 4.0 GPA and also serving in a game while game getting a ton of aces. She is my her hero

James A - 4/30/2019 6:29:01 AM
My hero is: Mike A. My grandpa is a air force veteran of the U.S.A. He is the best grandpa ever, his pork chops are good. That's not all. He also is very funny. He makes the whole family laugh. That's my grandpa.

Emma - 4/30/2019 6:28:10 AM
My hero is: Keri D. . She is my mom she is so hard working, giving kind, and caring. She raises me and owns a business. I love my mom and want to be like her one day.

Aida.M - 4/30/2019 6:28:10 AM
My hero is: My mom. My mom is a very kind person who cares about everyone. She always tries to encourage people to never give up and follow your dreams no matter what others say. That is why my mom is an important person in my life and why she is my hero

Mario - 4/30/2019 6:27:52 AM
My hero is: teacher . kind

Braylon from Orange City, Iowa, USA - 4/30/2019 6:27:15 AM
My hero is: My Mom. She is kind. And loving. She takes care of her kids and is a great parent.

Sawyer from City of Orange, Iowa, U.S.A. - 4/30/2019 6:27:13 AM
My hero is: My Mom. She is a kind and caring audiologist that helps people with their ears.

Tayon G - 4/30/2019 6:27:07 AM
My hero is: Kage . He is a farmer in Hinton, Iowa and works with his dad on the farm. He loves hanging out with his nieces and nephews. He has three kids Kinley,Braylon, and Adly.

Alice B. - 4/30/2019 6:26:34 AM
My hero is: Stian O.. Stian is a kind and hard working person who puts up with college struggles and works hard on the sod farm with his family. He is a nice person and is great at making others smile.

Nathan - 4/30/2019 6:25:29 AM
My hero is: Nichole F.. Well, she's nice and smart. responsible and helps me and my family when there in trouble

Beau W. - 4/30/2019 6:25:19 AM
My hero is: Jared W.. He is a person that inspires me in a lot of ways. He tells me right from wrong and does things that are nice to me. He will always be there for me at any moment in times.

Brielle - 4/30/2019 6:25:16 AM
My hero is: My Mom <3. My mom is my hero because she is amazing!!! She cares for me and loves me. She protects me from the dark world. Until I can grow old enough to protect myself.

Hunter - 4/30/2019 6:25:14 AM
My hero is: Luke . He is my older brother and almost every day he works a 12 hour shift as a police officer. But he still makes time in the day to talk to me and push me to be a better basketball player and a better me.

Joyce Z. - 4/30/2019 6:25:05 AM
My hero is: Iris C.. My hero helps others when they truly need it. She knows when I need and when I don't. She helps others understand the difference between right and wrong. She cares about me so I am who I am shaped to this day.

Caroline Benjamin - 4/8/2019 11:31:55 AM
My hero is: Ellen DeGeneres. Despite her fame and fortune, Ellen still remains down-to-earth. I admire her for advocating for animal rights, being true to herself, and giving back to others.

Take challenges
Yes
Samiran Roy Chowdhury from Kolkata, West Bengal, India - 3/19/2019 8:51:03 AM
My hero is: My hero Cristiyano Ronaldo . Sir you arè my favourite

Army Strong Captain
Himself
Telah Sprinkle from East Spencer, North Carolina, United States - 3/9/2019 1:26:57 AM
My hero is: Firefighter/Soldier Matt Hildebrant . This man is from a small town in North Carolina called Concord. He is the Captain at East Spencer Fire Dept. On Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2019, this man became not only my hero bt a hero to my family as well. Around 12 pm I called 911 reporting that my son, who had severe medical conditions, was having trouble breathing. As I was suctioning his mouth and nose there were large amounts of blood, is oxygen level had hit as low as 27%. My son had lived for 21 months with these medical issues so I knew the procedures to take in a time like this until help arrived. He was requiring A LOT of breathing support. Within 15min, maybe not even that, of my call to 911 this man opens my door and yells "East Spencer Fire Department". I quickly motioned for him to head upstairs where I had my son laying flat on a small pillow. I began to tell him Dawson's medical history, list of medications, and the key events Dawson has or has had prior. As he takes his vitals he takes note on everything very attentively. This was the first time this particular Depart. had been to one of our calls because we had just moved into the area the week before. The EMS workers came in we rushed to the ambulance and to the nearest Hospital to stabilized and airlifted to the Hospital we were more familiar with, Levine Children's Hospital of Charlotte. After a 2-day fight in PICU, on Feb. 5th, my son lost his battle. That Friday, the day before my sons funeral I took 3 white roses to the Dept. as thanks and to invite them to his services the next day, which he and his partner both attended. This Captain and his crew have made a huge impact on our family, as he has dealt with similar issues in his own life as well. He has also been an open ear and gave tips on how to deal with PTSD. This Captain will forever hold a spot in my heart as he responded to my son's "Last Call".

CarrieOa from Buffalo, US, US - 2/13/2019 3:20:34 AM
My hero is: CarrieOa.

Carrie Underwood is my favourite US singer. She is young, beautiful and charming female in her 30s. Her strong voice takes me away from all issues of this world so I can enjoy my life and listen songs created by her mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN7IHo3Sak8
-
Ms. Nevreanschi's hardworkers from Rujnitsa village, Ocnitsa district, Moldova - 1/10/2019 7:01:37 AM
My hero is: Ion Lazarenco Tiron.

A man from a small country made enormous effort in the name of peace. The person who I admire is a wonderful man who of course did something special, difficult and may be impossible for some of us. I heard about this great personality on the radio, about Ion Lazarenco Tiron. He was not a professional swimmer, he taught himself using the You tube, he didn’t have a trainer and had the smallest support team and budget, but in spite of them, he swam the seven most dangerous straits on the globe in the first attempt due to his power of mind. Ion Lazarenco Tiron was born on January 22-nd, 1978 in Braviceni, Orhei district, Republic of Moldova, living in his country he liked to swim in laces and rivers but was never dedicated to this kind of sport. In 1997 he moved to Ireland and worked as a bus drive, for 20 years he has been living there with his wife and two children. In 2011 being inspired by Nejib Belhedi, who swam the entire 1,400km of Tunisia’s coastline to build bridges of peace not only in Tunisia but in conflict zones around the world, likewise Tiron decided to swim the Dniester River to unite people in good and bad times. Another motivating factor for Ion was to raise money for orphans and children with disabilities in Moldova. It made Ion to pass the challenges, but for this he worked very hard, first off all to train himself he swam the ice mile in the Wicklow Mountains, after that he decided to swim across the Strait of Gibraltar, completing it in four hours and 41 minutes, English Channel in 13 hours and 34 minutes, the third swim in the challenge, making the journey across the North Channel between Northern Ireland and Scotland in 16 hours and 23 minutes. It was one of the most difficult of the Ocean’s Seven because of freezing water, unpredictable weather and Lion’s mane jellyfish. Next he swam from San Pedro in Los Angeles to Santa Catalina Island at midnight. In October 2016, Tiron swam the Molokai channel in Hawaii in 18 hours and 11 minutes. During the fifth swim, he tackled 25m waves, big swells and sharks while being stung by man o’ war jellyfish. In 2017, Ion took on the Tsugaru Strait before facing the final swim across the Cook Strait between the North and South Islands of New Zealand. In 2018, he completed the entire Oceans Seven challenge. He is the first person who have completed the challenge from Moldova, the second from Ireland and the eighth in the world. He is a brave person and a very kind one, because he donates a lot of things: clothes, shoes, toys and appliances for poor, disadvantaged children and elders. This fact captured and surprised me because there are a lot of people in all countries in the world who have much more money, but they think only about themselves, unfortunately… Ion Lazarenco Tiron is not the same, he is not very rich, so he took a credit to build a football field for children from his native village to awake their passion for sport. He is the person who keeps his promises, when he was swimming the seven most dangerous channels he promised that he’ll visit the most saint, Athos mountain, and he did it. He changes himself, his mind, his feelings, he was amazed of the fact that people don’t need a lot of things to be happy like the monks on the mountain, they don’t need a lot of food, they live with their faith and he tries to do the same. Ion Lazarenco Tiron is a great personality, a good example and a big inspiration for me and perhaps for others too.

Just a fan from Massena, Ny, USA - 1/6/2019 9:21:37 PM
My hero is: Stanley M. Lieber.. Mr. Lee has always been my mentor. I grew up in very hard time. From verbal to physical abuse. When I could I always read a comic. Being the first time or 100th time, they still got me through a rough day. I'm hoping that Mr Lee's idea for teachers and entainers takes off. That would be great. I hope that this generation of children get to know of Stan Lee's writing and more. To know he is one of the greatest writers there were.

EJdaf from Buffalo, US, US - 12/31/2018 1:52:35 PM
My hero is: EJdaf.

Elton John is my favourite piano musician of all time. 

Travis(L) with son, TJ Christmas, 2017
My Picture File
Jan Hardy from Billings, Montana, United States - 12/25/2018 12:31:29 PM
My hero is: Travis Iverson.

Travis is a hemiplegic who owns and maintains his own home. He works almost 20 hrs/wk at a hardware store and is raising 2 sons on his own. He drives himself wherever he needs to go, as well as takes his boys wherever they need to be. He uses a manual wheelchair, so he can put it in his car after he transfers to the drivers seat. He has a service dog, Bruno, who is the light of his family's life.

Rebecca Sharpshair from MARSHALLTOWN, IA, - 11/28/2018 7:12:54 AM
My hero is: Jaret Hucks, who owns the Mid Town Motel in Myrtle Beach S. Carolina..

He, with the help of many people, has done awesome things. He took in evacuated families after Hurricane Florence. Please check it out.

Yuri Dawn from Tokyo, Japan - 11/27/2018 7:46:32 AM
My hero is: Caroline Dare.

Caroline Dare is my friend and inspiration for writing. She is a YouTuber and singer, with two EPs out. Her EPs are called "Me" and "Take It Or Leave It". She wrote a song called "Waterfall", and that's one of the songs that has saved me.

Logan Brenton from Nainimo, British Columbia, Canada - 11/22/2018 1:08:24 PM
My hero is: Kaden my friend. HE helped me when I needed help and lost my swimming stuff we were there for half an hour. But he stayed with me.

Jeanne - 11/17/2018 8:42:48 AM
My hero is: Karen pritzker . She has been supporting the work of MY HERO and helped mentor and give voice to so many unsung heroes through this project.

Jaye from tiburon, California, usa - 11/13/2018 2:56:42 PM
My hero is: Molly Burke. Molly Burke is my hero because she has been through a lot and has managed to take this and turn it to teaching younger people. Molly Burke went blind slowly, she first really noticed at around four years old. She was in her friends house and her friend was in the shower so her mom was doing her hair. She was done and waiting to see it this was a dim room and she could not see anything sadly she never saw it and she gave up she said she could see the braid but upsetingly she could not see a thing. So it started as a i cant see in the dim light and turned into the i cant see if you want more let me know at this nuber 4153568775 thank you watch her on youtube shes the best

joe from china, china, china - 11/13/2018 2:53:03 PM
My hero is: my mom. is your mom

Jane playing with the chimps
various websites
Jackson Slaughter from SF, California , USA - 11/13/2018 2:31:03 PM
My hero is: jane goodall . she helped prevent animal cruelty by showing people chimps deserve better and to stop littering other animals can live more freely

Bobby Wasabi from Chicago, Illinos, United States - 11/13/2018 2:27:04 PM
My hero is: Kyle Redford. This hero is a fifth grade teacher. She is very excited and ready to teach her students every morning. She is a hero because she showed us her students websites like this and many more. Thank you for always being happy and cheerful.

Jeanne Meyers from Laguna Beach, California, United States - 11/8/2018 9:26:18 AM
My hero is: Malala. She is a powerful advocate for the rights of all girls to access a quality education.

jaelynn from bellevue , ne, ne - 11/2/2018 9:23:18 AM
My hero is: Mahatma Gandhi. He jsut means a lot to me and my family

Mr. Meir Moza
Mr. Meir Moza
Afsaneh J. from New York, United States - 10/22/2018 3:05:21 PM
My hero is: Meir Moza. Meir Moza has taken on several cases of mine and has been extremely helpful to me during the most difficult time of my entire life. He has literally been there for me 24/7 anytime of the day or night, and that is the most comforting feeling. He cares very much about his clients like they are his family. He is a wonderful person and human being. He has helped so many people and we all love him for it. Thank you so much Mr. Moza. You are a Blessing to so many people!

martin morrow from morphettvale, South Australia, Australia - 10/13/2018 6:34:35 AM
My hero is: my two sons. my eldest son has taught me to persevere in adversity,my youngest son taught me to be patient with everyone. I don't always succeed in my endevours in persevering and having patience but i do my best most times.

Agoto
Courtesy of Agoto
Agoto from Lome, Lome, Togo - 10/6/2018 9:15:35 AM
My hero is: My dad. He tought me everything. He was of the kind you don't see anymore today. He inspired me and tought me how to keep moving even when the challenge looks impossible to overcome.

Mzeziti crecencia Mwanza
Courtesy of Crecencia
Mzeziti crecencia Mwanza from Zambia - 10/5/2018 9:44:43 AM
My hero is: Chimamanda. She is an African woman writer and activist. She is a role model for most African women. She a brillant speaker and a great promoter of the African woman. She is my mentor.

Mekuanent at the 2018 IEA conference in Senegal
Courtesy of Mekuanent
Mekuanent from Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa - 10/5/2018 9:39:16 AM
My hero is: Emperor Menelik II. He was the one who saved my country from colonialism. He also developped technology in the 19 th century.

MUDIA project
Courtesy of Dennis Erikson
Dennis Errikson from Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria - 10/5/2018 9:06:54 AM
My hero is: KOFFI Anan . He is the former UN Secretary General. He is one of the very few president who stepped down to give a chance the younger generation to lead the country His integrity and dignity really impressed me.

Diakaridia Togola
Courtrsy of Diakaridia Togola
Diakaridia Togola from Bamako, Bamako, Mali - 10/5/2018 8:39:34 AM
My hero is: Conficius. He was a chinese wise man and a philosopher. He made my life easier with his vision. He said "Live as you wish you had lived when you die"

Genevieve at the 2018 IEA conference in Dakar
Courtesy of Genevieve
Genevieve from Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya - 10/5/2018 5:12:05 AM
My hero is: Mum and dad. They allowed me to be the best version of myself in a world that was not designed for me. They work hard and are morally upright.

Ofori Charles Antipem at the IEA 2018 in Senegal
Courtesy of Charles Antipem
Ofori Charles Antipem from Kumasi, Ashanti Region , Ghana - 10/5/2018 4:23:53 AM
My hero is: Mr. Solomon Antipem. Mr. Solomon Antipem is my father. He was a science teacher for 20 years. He was able to inspire me to persue science although the only science tool he ever had was bottle to measure rain fall. Today I have created a science educational toolbox that is enabling 11000 students across the world build their first electrical circuit.

Gallo Diop
Courtesy of Gallo Dioo
Gallo diop from Thies, Thies, Senegal - 10/5/2018 3:35:14 AM
My hero is: Barack obama. Barack Obama is my hero. He never forgot his African origins and we are proud of him. He initiated the Young African Leadeship Initiative. He constantly promoted Africa and Africans. It was not obvious that a guy like that was going to become the most charismatic president of the most powerful country in the world.

Aiden - 9/27/2018 10:51:48 AM
My hero is: Tim Sweeney. The CEO of Fortnite

jordan
....
jordan - 9/27/2018 10:51:16 AM
My hero is: mom and dad. my mom and dad care about me.They help me when i need help.

lashawn - 9/27/2018 10:41:31 AM
My hero is: a hero to me is someone who HELPS people. . i may look up to some of my family unless there's a problem and i look up to god all the time by praying and asking him for the HELP i need , and i look up to my teachers my dad my cousins and my sister and i used to look up to my mom until she passed but i still do:) even though i still listen to people saying shes not here to help i still look up to my mother

Jayla - 9/27/2018 10:40:08 AM
My hero is: My hero is my mom.. My hero is my mom because she breaks her back for me, she works hard, she never gives up, shes smart,funny and, very loving. is always their for me and my sisters even when we do wrong she still loves us. my mom is the most strongest mom in the world and very beautiful. my mom is my hero because she loves me.but my mom isnt just my hero shes my bf/twin/right hand/my world/the moon and back.

ryan - 9/27/2018 10:39:36 AM
My hero is: spider man. He is very brave . His name is Peter Parker he lives in New York . he will jump into a flaming building to save people. He can spin weds and climb up walls. He also as people that Do not like him.

Trevon - 9/27/2018 10:37:02 AM
My hero is: grandmother . I think that why i pick my grandmother is because of the great things she do like help others and pray for family and friends an make the best banana pudding.

Madison - 9/27/2018 10:35:27 AM
My hero is: My older sister . My older sister is hounestly my hero.She has been here through rough times.She puts me in front of everything to talk to me.She has helped me when i had nobody.We talk everyday to check up on each other since she don't live with me anymore.

kadyn - 9/27/2018 10:35:00 AM
My hero is: my hero is my mom. my mom is smart and she is the most kind and she is funny.she puts others before her self.

Jakarlan - 9/27/2018 10:34:46 AM
My hero is: My brother Kelley Joiner. He inspires me, and helps me get through tough things when my dad cant. Also he"s funny, caring, and a lovable person. Then my brother helps me with my homework, and class work i haven't finished in class. Kelley is brave on and off the football field. I look up to my brother as if he was my dad.

rayhan from clermont, amarica , florida - 9/27/2018 10:34:25 AM
My hero is: my hero is my dad. The only reason why my dad is a hero is because he always helps me out with everything.he helps me with my homework every day when i come home form school.

slim shady pokemon go
google
gunner - 9/27/2018 9:35:32 AM
My hero is: slim shady. this dude is like so cool

Marshal Mathers , eminem , slim shady
google image
connor - 9/27/2018 9:35:04 AM
My hero is: eminem. slim shady is a rapper that has broken many records when it comes to rapping. he grow up in bad spot. some one named Dr.Dre and he gave slim a chance and he blew up and every one loved him.

Tyler - 9/27/2018 9:34:42 AM
My hero is: My dad. My dad gives me every chance to be better in life.he makes sure ill be more athletic and ittelligent. He makes sure i have food and water on the table.he makes sure im healthy. And he makes the best birthday party's .

Adriana - 9/27/2018 9:21:22 AM
My hero is: My mom. She gives me a lot advice and she always helps me with my homework. She really wants me to get good grades,she'll tell me this "don't just work hard,work smart".

Lane - 9/27/2018 9:20:23 AM
My hero is: My mom. She is always on my side,anytime I need help she is right there, and she is just always right there if I need her!!!!!!!!!!

"CR7 my favourite hero"
Footchampion
Becot from Corpeau, Burgondy, France - 9/24/2018 10:22:48 AM
My hero is: Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro.

Cristiano Ronaldo was born in 5th february 1985. He is a Portuguese football player and since several years a buiseness man. This man who tells himself "The Machine" because of the quality to scored a lot of goals is a source of motivation for me because he is a generous and great person. He train hard during training session, he always arrives first and he always leaves the last at practice and always search to improve even if he is one of the best player in the world ! These performances prove this, he won 5 "France Football ballon d'or" (equality with Messi), one European Cup, 5 Champions League and he is the only player to win every individual trophies and every collective trophies and other... Outside the football Cristiano Ronaldo has created his brand "CR7" and holds many Hotels with Pestana Company, but he invests a lots in children's associations and the Isle where he was born, Madera to which he gives money to and contributes to their development.

Hannah Irby from Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States - 9/19/2018 6:20:11 PM
My hero is: Tiara Bryant . My hero is Tiara Bryant and I think she deserves to be a hero because she cared about a lot of people. What I think a hero is a person that cares a lot about you and what you do. Tiara is my hero because she taught me a lot of things. She has been there for me when nobody else was.

At The Store
My Picture
MaKayla Miller from Atlantic, Iowa, USA - 9/17/2018 10:23:06 AM
My hero is: Amanda Miller.

My hero is my mother Amanda Miller. She is a very hardworking nurse and she has a huge heart. My mother would bend over backwards for anyone.

atticus flores from Santa cruz, California, United States - 9/11/2018 12:02:59 PM
My hero is: mom.

is cool

Alex Lindhe from Santa Cruz, California, United States - 9/11/2018 11:58:57 AM
My hero is: my mom. my mom is a doctor and she is my hero because she takes care of me and she helps the world by helping people with there brains.

Bodhi from Santa Cruz, California, United States - 9/11/2018 10:52:07 AM
My hero is: Harrison Ford.

Harrison Ford plays Indiana Jones and Han Solo!!!!

Afsaneh - 9/9/2018 7:34:06 AM
My hero is: Edward Palermo Esq.. Its amazing the difference one person can make in the lives of so many clients. That is what Attorney Edward Palermo has been and is doing daily for so many of us clients. When an attorney has over 1,000 or more positive combined client reviews full of sincere gratitude, you know this attorney is someone very special, both as a superb attorney AND a person. Thank you from all of your forever thankful & grateful clients for all you do and for being who you are. You are a very special person Ed.

Kasanita from Auckland, New Zealand - 8/20/2018 5:12:25 PM
My hero is: Katherine Sheppard. Because she is on the 10 note sign and famous

Greg Mashaba from Boksburg, Gauteng Province, South Africa - 7/20/2018 8:26:29 AM
My hero is: Fr Emil Blasser OP. Fr Emil Blasser is the founder of the only Catholic radio station in South Africa , namely Radio Veritas. He has worked under very difficult conditions in his quest to establish the radio station and to turn it into a viable entity. Under the direction of Fr Emil , Radio Veritas has grown in popularity within South Africa and indeed beyond the borders of the country. For listeners in South Africa and the rest of the African continent , broadcast is via the Multichhoice DStv audio chanel 870. Beyond the African continent , there is 24 hour live-streaming on www.radioveritas.co.za . My personal attitude of Fr Emil is that , very much like Pope St John Paul II and Mother Angelica ( the founder of the Alabama , USA-based Catholic station EWTN , he has always been prepared to bear immense suffering in the form of ill-health , ridicule , contempt and lack of support by affluent South Africans , with much humility and grace as he consistently strove to spread the good news of the Gospel . If ever one were to witness a saint in the making , one only needs to look in the direction of Fr Emil. I feel privileged that God has found me worthy to be in the company of this great priest and to count him as a spiritual director, a friend , a brother and an educator. May God bless him richly for his service to the Church and to the people of South Africa.

Esther Wojcicki
MY HERO
jeanne r meyers from Laguna Beach, California, United States - 6/10/2018 12:48:39 PM
My hero is: Esther Wojicki. She is a leader in the field of education. I highly recommend her book, "Moonshots in Education."

Katheryn Schlicht from Midlothian, Virginia, United States - 6/1/2018 11:08:58 AM
My hero is: Emma Watson.

She is a famous actor and played the role of Hermione Granger in Harry Potter, and he personality reflects her character in Harry Potter

kaka from reedly, california - 5/30/2018 10:55:55 AM
My hero is: mom. well my mom is fun

Bob Ross at his finest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross
Abigail Taylor from Midlothian , Virginia, United States - 5/30/2018 10:55:46 AM
My hero is: Bob Ross . He is a good painter and he is my inspiration. He also motivates me and enlightens my day.

Mia Gooch from Midlothian, Virginia, United States - 5/30/2018 10:37:54 AM
My hero is: Anne Frank. She was an amazing young lady who helped us all

Isaac Lee from richmond, Virginia, united states of amarica - 5/30/2018 5:25:57 AM
My hero is: Annmarie Williams. she is cool

my father.
Pauline
Pauline DE BUF - 5/23/2018 7:15:49 AM
My hero is: My father . My hero it is my father. I was fascinated always by his courage. I have a relation very fusional with my father, He is crazy, always spirit to do stupid things with me. It is a model of courage, intelligence and kindness for me. He never lets it bring down, yet there to help the others ... It is him who taught everything to me. I have so much memory with him, it is incredible. I love her so much. He lived so many things which I can only respect him. He in always known how to find the words to comfort me. When I was a child I often made him poems or drawings... He always has me tell to keep head up when that goes not. He is also a big sportsman, everything on Sunday he makes some running, he is not first but him finished always his path. We also share the same passion for the arts, we have that in the blood. It is him who taught me the bases of the drawing. When I was a child, we had a room reserved for the paint, in this room he has had the desk of my father there and a seat. I sat down of this seat and I watch at him painting, it was wonderful quite the paints which he made. Thank you dad for all that you were able to make for me, I loves you.

Sugam from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/16/2018 8:04:12 AM
My hero is: Mother Teresa.

My Hero By:Sugam A hero helps others, even if they get hurt themselves . They always persevere, despite what may bring them down. They believe in what is right. Finally, they are always courageous . My hero is Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa was born August 26, 1910, in Skopje, Macedonia. She died on September 5, 1997, in Kolkata, India. She got taught in India for 17 years. Additionally, her real name is Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu. She had a dad, a mom, a brother, and a sister. She worked as a teacher, a missionary, and more. She also won the nobel peace prize in 1979. Mother Teresa was very helpful. She devoted her life for caring for the sickest and the poorest. But, this wasn’t that easy. She herself didn’t have a large amount of support, and she had even had to beg for food herself! But, she still didn’t give up. Suddenly, she got very sick since the last 2 decades of her life, but that didn't stop her for caring of the poor and sick. Mother Teresa believed in what is right. She quit her job as a teacher because she thought it was the right choice helping the helpless. She also thought god (Jesus) will think it is the right choice to help the helpless. She showed empathy in the people she was helping. She always was courageous, to. She always did her job even though she got sick, and she faced many challenges. Mother Teresa is a hero to me because she went through a lot doing the right thing. She made her life into helping others. She thought it was the right choice and worth it. Thank you for reading my hero essay.

Emily from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/16/2018 7:52:03 AM
My hero is: Helen Keller. I think that a hero is somebody who will do anything for somebody else. If they see a problem in the world, the try to solve it however they can. It might be as little as smiling at somebody who's has a rough day. But no matter what they do, a hero is perseveres and tries their best. A hero has a lot of courage and is humble. They make a difference in the world, most of the time without meaning to. They are smart, either with education or what is right. They have been in tough situations, and are dedicated to making them right. My hero is Helen Keller. Helen Keller was born on June 27, 1880. Her mother was Kate Adams Keller, and her father was Colonel Arthur Keller. Her sister was Mildred Keller. After she got a disease that is now thought to be scarlet fever when she was one and a half years old, she became blind and deaf. Helen often had temper tantrums and threw fits. Then, on March 3rd, 1887, Anne Sullivan came. She was a young graduate of the Perkins School for the Blind. Anne wanted to teach Helen words. She gave Helen a doll and signed d-o-l-l into her hand. Helen quickly learned how to do the hand signs, but she did not understand what they meant. Anne saw this and went out to the pump with Helen. As water flowed over Helen’s Hand, Anne signed w-a-t-e-r. Helen suddenly understood that w-a-t-e-r, or water, meant this flowing liquid. She quickly learned the names of other things and the alphabet. She began writing, and, at the age of ten, she learned how to talk. Helen went to speech classes at the Horace Mann School for the Deaf and attended the Wright-Humason School for the Deaf. Helen attended Cambridge School for Young Ladies in 1898, and she went to Radcliffe College in 1900. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in 1904. She was the first deafblind person to earn this degree. Helen was a writer and has written many books about her life. She was an activist and protested for equal rights. Helen was had amazing perseverance. She was incredibly smart and she found ways to do everything that she needed to. She tried hard to overcome her challenges and found ways to do things that worked. She could not see, but she used a braille typewriter to write articles and books. She tried her best at everything she did. She tried super hard, and she accomplished so much because of this. Helen Keller was so courageous. She had a lot of things that were difficult to do, and she still did them. She had a voice that was hard to understand, but she spoke in public anyway. She wrote books and spoke out about women's rights. She was also humble. She didn’t brag or do things to be famous, she did things because she believed in them. Helen Keller is an amazing person. She had a lot of difficult things to overcome, but she overcame them and went on the become an activist. She could have been a nothing, but instead Helen decided to be a hero. She is a truly amazing person. I want to be like her because she was very strong and persevered. She had a lot of challenges, and she still did amazing things. Thank you for reading my hero essay.

Lucas from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/16/2018 7:50:38 AM
My hero is: Stephen Hawking. My Hero By:Lucas Brand A hero is someone who uses wisdom other than violence. Someone who perseveres. A hero is creative. A hero is giving. A hero is intelligent.A hero is someone like Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking was born on January 8, 1942 (1-8-1942). He died on March 14, 2018 (3-14-18). Stephen Hawking was born in Oxford, United kingdom. He died at Cambridge, United kingdom. His age of death was 76. He was completely paralyzed at age 21. He was a paralyzed theoretical physicist and went to Oxford college. Stephen Hawking has 3 siblings: Mary Hawking, Edward Hawking, and Philippa Hawking. There is some information on Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking persevered. When Stephen was paralyzed, it didn’t stop him from becoming extremely smart and going to an incredible college. He persevered his way through a 76 year life. Stephen Hawking was giving. He helped educate others, and gave them a learning experience. Stephen Hawking helped and inspired millions through perseverance and giving. Stephen Hawking was very intelligent. He added to the world of science, discovered many things, and went to an amazing college. He was fearless. When Stephen Hawking was paralyzed, he didn’t let it bring him down. He didn’t care, he didn’t let it scare him or let kids make fun of him. Stephen Hawking showed no fear, and he was incredibly intelligent. Stephen Hawking is my hero because he inspires me, and taught those in need. He didn’t let people get in his way of becoming smart, even though he was paralyzed. If I could ever be anywhere near as intelligent as him it would be a dream come true. Thank you for reading my final COG project.

Henry from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/16/2018 7:47:28 AM
My hero is: The Wright brothers. I think a hero is someone that invents or does something that changes people's lives while persevering. Also a hero is brave and learns from their mistakes. My heroes are the wright brothers. Orville Wright was born August 19, 1871 in Dayton, Ohio and died on January 30 1948 in Dayton Ohio. Wilbur Wright was born April 16 1869 in Millville, Indiana and died May 30 1912. While in High school Wilbur intended to go to Yale, but suffered a facial injury while playing hockey. That facial injury prevented him from continuing his education. Then in 1892 they opened the Wright Cycle Shop in Dayton. When the Wright brothers took up flight they already had knowledge on how to build machines because of the Cycle shop. The Wright brothers had to persevere a lot. They persevered whenever one of their wing designs didn’t work out. They also invented the technique of wing warping. Before they succeeded they took a glider they had developed to Kitty Hawk, NC, that glider crashed because of wind. Then they went back to the drawing board , and the next glider worked. They used that design to help succeed with the Wright Flyer. The Wright brothers changed people’s lives by inventing the airplane. Imagine if you were in New York and wanted to get to Berlin Germany, you would have to take a boat and then car. But since the Wright brothers invented the airplane, now you only have to take plane. The Wright brothers were brave because they knew that Otto Lilienthal died while riding a gider because there was a sudden gust of wind. They knew that this could happen, in fact the day they flew on a windy day, The wright brothers learned from their mistakes an example of this is: they went to Kitty Hawk, NC to test out a glider they had produced, it crashed. The Wright brothers went back to the drawing board and made changes to the design like increasing the wing size. It improved but was impossible to control. They made a third glider and was easy to control and could sustain lift. The Wright brothers taught me that anything is possible and that things do not go right the first time, and also that perseverance is key. I hope that when I grow up I could be like them. Thank you for reading my essay.

William from Dublin, Ohio, United States - 5/16/2018 7:47:17 AM
My hero is: Dr. Jeffrey A. Cianchetti. A Hero is a man or woman who demonstrates giving or doing something for others. A hero persists. A hero could be a kid, a hero could be be an elderly man, a hero could be someone who doesn’t even intend on becoming a hero. A hero saves lives, helps others, and does good things for those in need. Someone like Dr. Jeffrey Cianchetti, who I know as my very own grandpa. Dr. Cianchetti was born on June 26, 1949 and is still alive today in good health. He attended Case Western and and the University of Akron for his undergraduate degree, but got his PhD at Ohio State University. He worked as a ER doctor for -- years. He is married to my grandma, Angela, and his kids are Andrea, the oldest and my very own mom, Anthony, the middle kid, and the youngest, Alena. As an emergency doctor, he spent lots of time saving lives. He couldn’t spend as much time with his family. He gave his time to help those in need. That is trait of a good hero. Also, he never intended on being considered a hero. He studied hard and did his job. He was a hero! He saved lives and helped people, but never considered being called a hero. Heroes need to persist. That is what Dr. Cianchetti does. When someone is rushed into the hospital and has a terrible injury, it can be a challenge to find a way to help. But when all hope is lost, my grandpa perseveres and helps people. Everyday of his career. That’s not all though. He has saved countless lives, helped many people that needed help, and always tries hard. Thanks for reading about my hero Dr. Jeffrey A. Cianchetti. I think he perfectly demonstrates the characteristics of a hero. He studied when his friends went to parties and in the end looks like the work paid off. He has saved many lives. I hope you agree that this man is a hero.

Haruka from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/16/2018 7:46:33 AM
My hero is: My Mother. My Hero By: Haruka from Dublin I think a hero can come in different shapes and sizes, and do something to benefit others in many ways. What I’m trying to say is, I think heroes can be a hero in different ways. I think a hero is willing to put someone before themselves, and care about them more than themselves. Some words to describe my hero is, caring, forgiving, thoughtful, and loving. While the list goes on to explain my hero, I would have to say my mom would be my hero. Here are some information about my mother. My mother used to work the same job as my father in Japan, but when we moved to America for my father’s job, she quit and now she just stays home and cleans the house. Our family isn’t that big. My mom has a little brother who has two kids, and my father has a little sister who just had a twin baby and also has a little girl. My mother’s birthday is March 10th. All of her education was in Japan, so her English is not so great. However, she supports me in Japan and in America. Like I have mentioned before, I would describe my mother like loving and caring. First, she is loving because when my cousin left her house,my mother kindly let her in even though she already took care of me and my dog . This showed she loved my cousin like it was her own daughter. Second I think she is caring because when my dad’s grandma (My great grandma) she gave her flowers not minding the fact that she barely knew her and also gave her a good luck card. When I saw this I could see how my great grandma was smiling and thanking my mom. This told me she cared about everyone too. All of this proves she is loving, and caring. The other two words like forgiving and thoughtful is another way I would describe my mother. First she thinks about her family more than herself. I know this because, when I forgot wash my gym clothes in Japan, even though it was 11PM she still washed it for me and woke up around 5AM to check on it. This example shows she cares about not only me but everyone in her family.Second I would describe her like forgiving because one time my dog accidentally knocked over a glass cup and my mom just told him it was okay and forgave him. I knew I would have gotten mad, but seeing her told me she was very forgiving. These examples show she is caring, and forgiving. Because of all the examples above, I think heroes can come in different shapes and sizes.Like I have said before I would describe her like, caring, thoughtful, loving, and forgiving. She encourages me to keep believing and love yourself no matter what you are going through.She has never stopped believing, and I look up to her because of it. All of this concludes that my mother would be my hero. Thank you for reading my hero essay.

Lucas from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/15/2018 8:32:59 AM
My hero is: Roald Dahl. I believe a hero is someone you look up to and admire. They can be admired for their achievements, courage, or something else. Heroes can be anyone. People with disabilities that persevere, athletes, and in this case, authors. My hero, Roald Dahl possesses these four character traits, bravery, creativity, resilience, and perseverance. I truly believe Roald Dahl possesses these traits. Roald Dahl was born on September 13, 1916 in Llandaff, Wales. His parents, Harald Dahl and Sofie Magdalene Hesselberg, were Norwegian immigrants. He grew up with five siblings. He had four sisters and one brother. When he was older, he joined the Royal Air Force during WWII. After his plane crash-landed, he recovered and became an author. His books include: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, The BFG, and many others. He died on November 23, 1990. Bravery. I think Roald Dahl showed bravery when he joined the Royal Air Force. Many people would probably be scared to risk their lives for their country. There is a likely chance that you will lose your life. But Roald Dahl was brave and he took a risk. I guess that’s another trait. Taking responsible risks. Another trait he shows is perseverance. He didn’t just give up on life when his plane crashed. Instead, he became a bestselling author! By 2016, 10.4 million books written by Roald Dahl have sold. Roald Dahl possesses a LOT of creativity. He made up a lot of wacky words, like snozzcumber (BFG), Vermicious Knids (Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator), Oompa Loompas (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), and many more words! He made up a lot of characters, too! The Trunchbull, the Big Friendly Giant, Willy Wonka, etc. His books are so imaginative. Imagine flying a glass elevator into space, imagine getting plucked from your bed by a giant, and imagine crawling into a giant peach and finding giant insects waiting for you. His imagination is so crazy! Roald also shows resilience. His sister died at age 7, his wife had a stroke, and his daughter died also at age 7. He didn’t just stop writing amazing books, he continued to write. Roald Dahl is a hero to me because of his resilience, bravery, creativity, and perseverance. I really want to be like him. This is why Roald Dahl is my hero.

Estella from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/14/2018 8:39:41 AM
My hero is: Christopher Reeve. My Hero By: Estella from Dublin A hero doesn’t have to be somebody like Superman, or the Flash. Heroes don’t have to have magical powers. They are motivated by what their heart says is right. A hero possesses traits like courage, and passion. They must also possess perseverance, and caring. My hero is Christopher Reeve. Christopher Reeve was born on September 25, 1952 in New York City to Barbara Pitney and Franklin D’Olier Reeve. While his mother was a journalist, his father was a teacher, novelist, and scholar. He also had a younger brother, Benjamin. He had various stage and television roles before becoming the star of Superman and its sequels. In 1995 he became paralyzed from the neck down following a horse-riding accident. He then founded the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation in 1998 to promote research on spinal cord injuries. Christopher Reeves was famous as an actor. He is known as the first Superman! He died on October tenth, 2004 because of heart failure. Heroes have traits that signal they are heroes. Christopher Reeve has traits like passion and perseverance. A symbol of passion is how after he had a fall. He got up and founded the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation in 1995. Christopher himself was paralyzed the neck down in a horse riding incident. He was passionate about improving lives of people with spine paralysis, by researching this. His perseverance came in when he fell in his horse riding incident. Determined to walk again, he worked hard on rehabilitation. By 2004, Christopher Reeve had regained sensation in 70% of his body, had moved one of his fingers. In water, his arms and legs. He never gave up hope and kept trying, to accomplish founding the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, and to be able to somewhat move! These are some of the hero traits Christopher has. Reeve also has the traits courage and caring. He had courage to try to move again, and speak out for things like stem-cell research. He had courage to start an organization. He had passion and perseverance. Although he was not able to move from the neck down, Reeve continued to travel, do public appearances, and serve as a voice for the paralyzed in the United States. He also showed caring. He made a role model for people. He cared for people in situations like him, paralyzed from the neck down. He did this by providing a opportunity to research spine paralysis with the Christopher Reeve Foundation. Because of these qualities, Christopher Reeve is my hero. He showed and demonstrated things like courage, passion, perseverance, and caring. He inspires me to keep going. To also be considerate to others, and more. Even though he fell in a horseback riding event, and got paralysis from the neck down, he persevered. Also, he founded the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, to make people similar to him feel comfortable. He powered through challenges. Christopher Reeve wasn’t just a hero, he was the Man Of Steel. Thank you for reading my hero essay!

Aiden from Dublin, Ohio, U.S.A - 5/14/2018 8:39:40 AM
My hero is: Dennis Slawson , My Grandpa. A hero is a person who helps or supports people in a good way and not in a bad way, they can be anywhere and help anyone. I believe a hero should possess kindness, courage, fairness and honesty all of these traits would define a hero. I chose my hero to be… my Grandpa. My Grandpa worked in the Air Force and was stationed in Korea for a few years and then was discharged after 6 years of working. He went to Bishop Ryan High School and was born in Buffalo. My family was very emotional when he died at the age of 71. He died in a hospital while he was sick. My family has a lot of Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters and Grandparents so there was lots of family and friends at the funeral. I choose kindness and fairness for my traits to talk about. My Grandpa possesed kindness because when we went over to his house he was always nice to us when we stayed there he made us breakfast, lunch and dinner, also he would hug us a lot when we came and left. For fairness when we played games he always played fair and gave us extra turns to have more fun as he said. He would also play fair and not argue about unreasonable things during games. My other two are courage and honesty. For courage my Grandpa stood up for our family and friends always. He also would help you up if you fell down, he was a real helper to our family until his passing. For honesty he was always honest when he spilled something or dropped something, he would never lie, never blame something on anybody or hide from telling the truth. My Grandpa is my hero because he was always honest, kind and reassuring to anybody. My Grandpa means a lot to me because he’s in my family and everyone in my family I care about. I want to live up to his standards by being nice, kind and loyal. Thank you for reading “My Hero Essay” Sincerely, Aiden Slawson

Emmett from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/14/2018 8:39:40 AM
My hero is: Albert Einstein. A hero is a person that can do something good for a community that will change someone’s life. A hero should be persistent, be doing the right things, do things to help people, and should be confident A person that shows all of these qualities is Albert Einstein. Albert Einstein was born on March 14th, 1879 in a town called Ulm, Germany. He died on April 18, 1955 in Princeton, New Jersey. He died at age 76 with 3 kids. Before that, Albert Einstein went to four colleges: ETH Zurch, the University of Zurich, the Complutense University of Madrid, and the Unversity of Rostock. Although he quit school at age 15, he was theoretical physicist and won a nobel prize for physics in 1921 at age 42 years. Albert Einstein shows the trait persistance becuase he failed many times in trying to become succesful. For example, he failed 7 times before proving that E = mc2 was accurate. He also did the things right for him by quitting school because he knew he could teach himself and had to help his family. Albert Einstein did things to help people by inventing things such as the Einstein refrigerator which is an absorption elevator that only runs on a heat source. Albert Einstein also shows confidence by believing he could prove that E = mc2 was accurate. Albert Einstein is my hero because he did so many things to help develop more knowledgeso we know what we know about different things today such as Einstein’s theory of relativity. I want to live up to Einsteins help to the world today and contribution to human knowledge. Thank you for reading “My Hero Essay.”

Taylor from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/14/2018 8:39:39 AM
My hero is: MaryAnn Oehlerking. My Hero What is a hero? A hero can be many things. In my definition a hero is someone who makes a positive impact on someone's life. Heros display many characteristics that include effort, kindness, inspiration, and belief in others. My hero is MaryAnn Oehlerking. MaryAnn was born in 1991, and is now 27 years old. She was a gymnast growing up, and finished her gymnastics career as two-time All American Division 1 gymnast at Ball State University. She now coaches at Gym X-Treme gymnastics in Lewis Center, Ohio, but before she was competitive director and head coach at Bismarck Gymnastics Academy in Bismarck, South Dakota, and Vail Gymnastics Center in Vail, Colorado. MaryAnn shows many characteristics of a hero. Two of them are effort and belief in others. MaryAnn shows effort as she was a former gymnast who went through a lot including splitting her toe open on the beam. She also displays effort by helping gymnasts become better when they don’t think they will, and helping gymnasts overcome injuries toughly. MaryAnn also shows belief in others. She always has belief that someone can do something if they put their mind to it, even if they think that they can 99.9% can’t. MaryAnn doesn’t just display those two characteristics. She also displays kindness and inspiration. MaryAnn displays kindness as she helps others in tough situations, and always believes in others. She always tells us that today just might not be the day, but she still pushes us hard to be the best. She also displays inspiration. She displays inspiration especially to me because I want to have all of her gymnastics successes and hopefully more someday. She inspires me to always try hard and never give up hope even on the toughest of days. MaryAnn Oehlerking is my hero because she always reminds me to be my best and one day I want to be just like her and have her success and maybe more. Thank You for reading my work.

Zachary from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/14/2018 8:39:39 AM
My hero is: My COG and 6math teacher, Mrs. Christman. A hero is hardworking. A hero is someone that does the right thing without thinking. A hero is courageous, and they get back up when their down. My hero is my COG and math teacher, Mrs. Christman. I know Mrs. Christman is hardworking, because she won’t stop trying to teach something, even if we are completely clueless about what she is trying to teach. She will keep finding new ways to teach us, like when I was completely clueless with algebra and she found a fantastic way to teach it. Mrs. Christman also automatically will do the right thing, like it's helping a kid who needs it. Mrs. Christman is courageous, and I know that because she has to go to school 180 days a year and deal with us. If that's not courage, than I don’t know what is, because I can’t imagine dealing with myself, let alone 23 other kids. But somehow she manages to get through it and that is the definition of courage. So, because of all of her great qualities, amazing personality, and eagerness to teach. I want to have all of that, and that's why I look up to Mrs. Christman. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Sinead from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/14/2018 8:39:38 AM
My hero is: Wilma Rudolph. A hero is someone who is just an ordinary person who wasn’t intending to be a hero and then something happened or occured that made them a hero. They are passionate, courageous, humble, and they persevere. A hero that I think has all of those charistics is Wilma Rudolph an American track and field athlete. Wilma Glodean Rudolph was born on June 23rd 1940 in Saint, Bethlehem, TN. 54 years later she died on November 12, 1994 at Brentwood, TN. Her Education was at Tennessee state university. Wilma was a track and field athlete, and had four children; Yolanda, Djuanna, Xurry Eldridge and Robert Eldridge jr. Wilma was married to William Ward (1961-1963) & Robert Eldridge (1963-1980) . Wilma Rudolph was stricken with double pneumonia, scarlet fever and polio as a child, she had problems with her left leg and had to wear a brace and was very courageous. But she won 3 gold medals in the olympics. She persevered through her rough time and conquered her fears becoming the youngest member of the U.S. olympic track and field team. Wilma never boasted, bragged, or talked about how hard her life was because she was humble. She could of just given up at that point but she kept on pursuing her dreams and working toward her goal. Wilma rudolph was one of the most recognized track and field star and she is definitely a hero because after she had all of those diseases she still kept of going. I think any kids with illnesses shouldn't let that stop them, they should be brave and most of all courageous. Thank you for reading Wilma Rudolph.

Alexandra from Dublin, Ohio, USA - 5/14/2018 8:39:16 AM
My hero is: Rosa Parks. My Hero By: Alexandra Jansnsen A hero is someone who helps somone in need and stands up for what is right. A hero must be: Couragous, Respectful, Honest, and Trustworthy. Hero’s aren’t always people who try to be a hero, they can have no clue that one day they’ll wake up and become a hero. Personaly my hero is Rosa Parks. Rosa Parks was born on February 4, 1913 and died on October 24, 2005. Rosa went to school at Montgomery Industrial Shool for Girls. Rosa Parks worked as an activist to fight for African-American’s rights. Rosa Parks family includes, her mother: Leona McCauley, her father: James McCauley, her brother: Sylvester McCauley, and last her spouse: Raymond Parks. I think that Rosa Parks is a brave hero because she took the risk of getting thrown in jail just because she wanted all black people to be equal with every other person on earth. By taking that risk she made every black person one step closer to being equal. A hero should be trustworthy, and I think that Rosa Parks was a trustable person because she never let anyone down because she said that she wanted all the African-Americans of the world to be equal with the white people. And then many years later her dream came true, the segregation between black and white people stopped. Another reason why Rosa Parks was a hero is because when she went to jail she didn’t even object to breaking the law because she was an honest person and she was proud of herself. When Rosa Parks refused to get out of her seat to let a white man have it, most white people thought that was unrespectful, but Rosa Parks was being a respectful hero because she stood up to her race. Rosa Parks is my hero because she was brave to risk everything she owned, just to let her people be free. I don’t know if I could do somthing like she did. Thank you for reading “My Hero” story!

Youth for Human Rights
Youth for Human Rights
Anthony Pouw from Los Angeles, California, United States - 5/13/2018 8:36:12 AM
My hero is: Youth for Human Rights. Youth for Human Rights are actively working to bring about an awareness of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Many young heroes around the world are using this knowledge to make the world a happier and safer place for all, educating adults on how to do it. See http://www.youthforhumanrights.org to learn more about your human rights.

Ada Lovelace
Hailey Beck
Hailey Beck - 5/9/2018 9:20:08 AM
My hero is: Ada Lovelace. My hero is Ada Lovelace because she is strong and does not give up and I hope she will be known more than just a computer scientist

Anthony Pouw from Los Angeles, California, United States - 5/8/2018 9:18:48 AM
My hero is: Criminon.

Another Criminon Success I just heard about. "Today I've been sober for four years! It all started when I landed in prison and was introduced to Criminon. I was high when a friend of mine was like "Bro, look at you! in prison, still getting high"...At first I didn't want to address my addictions because I felt like getting high was getting by (I got ten years to get through.) I did want help though to be a better person. I started with a Personal Integrity course. I loved it! I liked it so much that I stopped getting high. When I finished it I picked up this Overcoming Addiction course and I now "get by" sober and have no desire to ever go back to the drugs!" Criminon helps criminals to find their way back to achieving happiness and regaining self-respect.

Kaleb from athens, alabama - 5/3/2018 8:22:38 AM
My hero is: Prometheus.

He is cool

mariah from deforest, wi - 5/1/2018 8:52:36 AM
My hero is: Iqbal Masih. he has gone to many places because he wants to be heard because he wants child labor to stop but at the age of thirteen he was shot.

This is the picture of Ahmed Shukairi
This is the picture of Ahmed Shukairi
princess nina from Ghardaia, Algeria - 4/30/2018 2:56:49 PM
My hero is: Ahmad Mazin Alshugairi. Every rule has an exception, and the "success story" of Ahmed Shukairy, the most famous program in our Arab world, Khawar, is one such exception. The beginnings of "Ahmed Shuqairi" features the life of a young man who is not committed to prayer and smokeless, and did not have a meaningful message and clear features, but it is thanks to God other than the fact that culminated in the "success story"

Anthony Pouw from Los Angeles, California, United States - 4/30/2018 11:21:43 AM
My hero is: Criminon.

Criminon is an organization that works to rehabilitate criminals and uses the booklet "The Way To Happiness", among other things, to educate criminals on the subject of morals. Here is a recent success. "What I got the most out of Criminon was reinstating good morals in my life. I was blessed to have my mom in my life who taught me right from wrong. But because of a lot of other negative influences in my life, I became lost in my anger and pain. During my life of crime on the streets, I began to forget about these morals and only applied them to my family and close friends on occasion. Coming to prison these morals of kindness, respect and the golden rule became nonexistent. I didn't care for anyone, the world revolved around me. As the years in here passed by, the more my moms voice faded. All the counseling and advice she gave me was gone. Doing this course helped me remember who I was and what I was taught at a young age. As I did the course work my mom's voice became louder. Now, I am very conscious about respecting others, treating them with respect, being kind and to stay away from criminal behavior regardless of how petty it may be." The Criminon program utilizes the research discoveries made by American author and humanitarian, L. Ron Hubbard, who had personally worked as a Special Officer for the Los Angeles Police Department in the late 1940's. Mr. Hubbard discovered that every criminal career began with the loss of self-respect. When a man could no longer trust himself, only then did he become a real threat to society.

Demitrios - 4/30/2018 7:19:51 AM
My hero is: Jesse Owens. He is SUPER fast he died on March 31 1980 and was born on September 13 1913!

Denny Steps - 4/25/2018 8:19:20 AM
My hero is: Katie Sterling. Centerfielder for Widener University #3

Diana from lihue, hawaii, hawaii - 4/16/2018 12:58:00 PM
My hero is: Andrea kam. She is awsome and nice

Elen - 4/6/2018 10:58:23 AM
My hero is: Helen Keller. i love it.

me if i were her
100
grace from sacramento, russian, california - 4/5/2018 12:04:34 PM
My hero is: Serena Williams. I love Serena Williams i mean like she is the greatest tennis player iv ever known. i mean like if i were to be anyone i would be her

Mohamad Al Jounde, Mohamed Sidibay
Kids Rights
mohamed sidibay from Maplewood, NJ, United States - 3/27/2018 3:36:33 AM
My hero is: Human Rights Activists.

My heroes are activists who stand up to evil without fear for their lives. They are the Syrian refugees who I have met while here in Jordan. Their vision and dreams of the future gives me hope. Mohamad Al Jounde is one of them. Undeterred by his status as a refugee, he built a school in his camp in Lebanon to make sure children remain in school.

Emma Gonzalez at March for Our Lives - DC. 2018
Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images
Jeanne Meyers from Laguna Beach, California, United States - 3/24/2018 8:37:58 PM
My hero is: Emma Gonzalez and all the young activists who stand up for their right to live without fear of gun violence..

Emma Gonzalez is a survivor of the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and spoke volumes today at the March for Our Lives in D.C. with her 6 minutes of silence for her classmates that were killed. She will never forget, she will never stop fighting to all children are safe from gun violence in school. Follow her on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Emma4Change

Payge - 3/11/2018 11:14:52 AM
My hero is: My dad, Scott.

he is very helpful and is kind to anyone he might see during the day.

Conan dressed as a union soldier reenactor
https://twitter.com/conanobrien
Vincent - 3/8/2018 11:56:04 AM
My hero is: Conan O'Brien. He's one of the funniest, talented, and most charming people on earth. Former valedictorian of his high school, twice president of Harvard's National Lampoon, beloved Simpsons writer, and late night host, Conan is an inspiration to us all. His talk show will put a smile on your face with his sharp wit and good humor.

Joey Hexamer - 3/8/2018 8:41:14 AM
My hero is: My Brother. My brother thinks about others and he wants to help them. My brother is a really kind person like I said. He will help anyone I know it. He has a lot of friends and they would also like to help them.

Brycelyn from Alton, Iowa, us - 3/7/2018 2:13:52 PM
My hero is: great grandpa. He just recently had a major back surgery and he just keeps trying! I think he is really awesome he just keeps trying! He is so strong and he loves us so very much.

Ciana Van Donkelaar - 3/7/2018 10:40:37 AM
My hero is: Cherie Van Donkelaar. Cherie is my mom and does a lot of things for me or to help me and she rarely complains. She is a very loving person and she is understanding. She will never stay mad at me for long and I know she will always love me.

Kylah Beltman - 3/7/2018 10:39:28 AM
My hero is: Mr.Aalbers. He was my 4th grade teacher that hekped me a lot with my grades and school work. in 3rd grade i did not do so good at wrighting and reading i had to go to speach class and wright down to know what is going on in my book the begging middle and end of each chapter. when i got in 4th grade I he helped me in what to do. in 5th grade i got to do it so well that i got to do it on my own and i got out of all of the classes to wright and read right.

Brenna - 3/7/2018 10:39:25 AM
My hero is: My Dad. My dad is my hero because he rescued me from falling off my bike when I split my chin open and he is always there for me and I love him.

Maddie pottebaum - 3/7/2018 10:36:36 AM
My hero is: My mom, Ang. My mom is a leader in many ways. My mom was a leader by teaching me to do all kinds of stuff. My mom is fun to play games with like speed and she always wins but I'll catch up and beat her. My mom is fun to play basketball with she will always say i'll always beat you but like I said i'll will catch up someday and I have beat her before. And that is why I chose my mom as a good leader/mom.

Kipp Huss - 3/7/2018 10:33:40 AM
My hero is: My Dad. He is one of the funniest, generous, and helpful dads in the world. My dad is important to me because he is the reason why I'm here and he is harsh on me to learn my lesson and kind when something bad happened to us. My dad means the world to me, and no one can replace him

Jayson - 3/7/2018 10:33:27 AM
My hero is: Austin Rohrs. He is a very nice guy that does a lot with me and for me. He likes to play football and likes to wrestle. He is a hero because he loves to communicate with people in a good way and wants the best for everyone. He was in 4-H and showed cows, pigs, goats, and sheep. Austin Rohrs is my most favorite person.

Ben Oldenkamp - 3/7/2018 10:31:29 AM
My hero is: My grandpa Dean. My grandpa was in the Vietnam War. He saved a lot of people. I think he is awesome and very nice.He is very special to me.

Kadyn Mulder - 3/7/2018 10:17:10 AM
My hero is: My Dad David. My dad was in the army. He served in Irac for 11 months. And he has been there for me just about for everything.

Destiny - 3/7/2018 10:09:25 AM
My hero is: Stephen . He let a down syndrome wrestler win a match but win for trying

Destiny - 3/7/2018 10:06:42 AM
My hero is: My brother . when he was wrestling he let a down syndrome

Kiera Brenneman - 3/7/2018 6:49:23 AM
My hero is: Mr. Starkweather. He is kind, always wanting togive, and he always keeps his hopes up. Mr. Starkweather is a good inspiration to our world to help make people happier and make the world less violent.