Hana Brady

by Nikoletta from Cochrane

Hana Brady (drawing by Nikoletta)
Hana Brady (drawing by Nikoletta)

I chose Hana Brady to read about because I'm interested in her and what happened during her life. My book is a biography, and it has 174 pages. In my book it talks about Hana's childhood and what happened in her life. My book was written in 1955, and published in 2002. The author of Hana's Suitcase is Karen Levine, and some facts about her are that she won awards for her radio work,and she went to Australia and Japan to write about Hana Brady,She worked for many years on CBC programs including As It Happens, The Sunday Edition and This Morning as producer of the "First Person Singular" series.

Hana Brady was born in Prague, Czech Republic, and grew up in Auschwitz concentration camp. Her mom, Marketa Brady was murdered by the Nazis, and her father Karel Brady died in July 14, 1942, Auschwitz concentration camp. She has a brother named George Brady. He grew up and had kids: their names are Lara and Doug Brady. Hana and George Brady went to a public school, Hana liked to play outside when she wasn't at school and she liked playing with her brother and her doll: her doll was almost as tall as her, the Nazis took her away from her family and murdered her when she was 13 years old, when the Nazis took her she dreamed of being free and find her family, she wanted to be a teacher when she grew up.

She was murdered when she was 13 years old, when they took her she was influence to escape but she didn't and then she died. Her favourite things to do were playing with her brother, playing with her doll and playing outside.The Nazis took her because she was Jewish, when she was 13 years old she was murdered.