Tony Hawk

by Josue from Illinois

Tony Hawk doing an amazing stunt trick in Dallas

Tony Hawk’s life has been all about boards. When he was nine years old, he started to try skateboarding. Tony first played on a baseball team, but decided to skateboard. His older brother Steve gave him one of those banana San Diego boards. He was very frustrated when he fell or when he was in baseball and got one strike he got mad and walked away, but then his dad came by and had a word with him. Tony Hawk was born on May 12, 1968 in Carlsbad, CA. Then his family moved to San Diego. What Tony did for a living was skateboarding. Tony Hawk has won hundreds of competitions since he turned pro at age 14.

Tony has donated money to people who live in poor areas. He has built skateboard parks for those poor areas. One time Tony decided to make money for those who skateboarded that had no safety and didn't really care. So Tony bought them some helmets, kneepads, and elbow pads. This makes Tony Hawk one of the greatest heroes of all time in my opinion. I wish he would come out of retirement.

I chose this person because he is respectful and has lots of joy. This person is important to me because he tells kids of the safety they need. Tony has made a difference in my life by telling us about skateboarding. I admire this person for his talent and his trustworthiness. That is why Anthony Hawk (Tony Hawk) is My HHHHEEEEERRRROOO!