Allen Iverson

by Rob from Columbus, Indiana

Allen Iverson is my hero. He is six foot tall and has mad hops (can jump high). He has many different qualities which have made him a very good leader, such as courage, perseverance, and bravery. He has shown these qualities because he has been injured many times and he still plays in his game with the 76ers and the Nuggets. I want to be as talented as him, who wouldn't?

My hero lived in Hampton, Virginia. He lived a poor life when his father left him. He lived in what some people call the ghetto. He lived with his mom and two sisters. My hero, even though he went through difficult times, made a difference by influencing other kids who live like he does to be the best they can.

Allen was drafted by the 76ers and he was considered the team leader. Then he was the co-captain for team USA in the 2004 Olympics. Even with his injuries, Allen was named the East Conference All-Star starter for five years from 2000-2004. Allen has set a record, as a rookie, for the 76ers by scoring 1,787 points. Then he was traded to the Denver Nuggets, where he plays with Carmelo Anthony.

Allen Iverson has inspired me in many ways, but mostly by helping children and his attitude for never giving up. He helps kids when they are going through tough times. Also, Allen never gave up even when he was injured and always tried to be the best he can.

Allen Iverson is a very respectable person for his perseverance and for helping others. These are the reasons why I picked Allen Iverson. If anyone needs a hero, I would choose Allen.