Jared Taylor Brown

by Taylor from Roseville

There are many reasons why my dad is my hero. One reason is because he does tons of things to help me out. The next reason he is my hero is because he almost never gives up. Another reason is because he is knowledgeable in so many different skills. He is also my hero because he has such amazing character traits.

newspapers1 (brittanymolsen.com)
newspapers1 (brittanymolsen.com)

One of his greatest character traits is that he never gives up, no matter how hard things get. One thing that helped him learn this is when he was 4 years old, he and his dad had to walk ten miles home because their car broke down. Now he can look back at that time and say, “if I could do that then, then I can do this now”. Another thing that helped him in the same way, is that when he was a kid his parents were poor. He had to do newspaper routes to help his family out financially. He lived in Moscow, Idaho at that time, and it was often below freezing. His hands would get so cold that he could not put the rubber bands on the newspapers. Then he would have to walk his paper route and get it done before school. That taught him hard work and perseverance. A third thing that my dad did was take 23 units in college when the average was 12 units. He was doing almost double the units and his classes were hard engineering classes. Those experiences helped him because now that the economy is bad he is determined to keep his engineering business running. He hasn’t given up, even though things are hard and many others have given up.

My dad is also very knowledgeable in many things. One thing he is great at is fixing mechanical things such as cars, bicycles, and tractors. As a kid he had to help his dad fix mechanical objects on the farm such as cars and trucks. That is extremely important now because my dad is able to fix our family cars. Another thing that helped him learn this, was his dad had him fix up old broken bikes and then they would sell them. After he got his engineering degree he decided to get a masters degree in business, which means he knows all about the financial markets. Those skills make it easier for him to know what will happen next in this market. Another thing that makes him extremely knowledgeable is that he remodeled our whole house except for the kitchen and some of the electric. Now he knows how to redo almost all of a house and fix most anything. Those are the reasons why my dad is knowledgeable.

There are many reasons why my dad inspires me and is my hero. The first is that he knows so many things and is able to teach me things no teacher has been able to explain to me. He is also able to teach me how to do almost everything in the yard. He has taught me how to maintain a lawnmower and to mow. He has also taught me how to use a weed eater and a leaf blower. He also shows me how to fix things on our cars such as break pads and changing the oil. I hope I grow up to be just like my dad.

The reason why he is my hero is that he had to do so much stuff as a kid for his family and he almost never gives up. Another reason is he knows how to fix almost any thing and teaches me how to fix different things. He is also my hero because he is my dad. Those are the reasons he is my hero.

SutterBrown - his work website