John F. Kennedy

by Javier from Fresno

John F. Kennedy our 35th president
John F. Kennedy our 35th president

John F. Kennedy was born in Brookline, Massachusetts. He was born on May 29, 1917. Kennedy lived in Brooklyn for ten years and attended Edward Devotion school, Noble and Greenough lower school, and Dexter school, though 4rt grade. Then later on he enrolled at Harvard College but did not go for four years.

In 1938 Kennedy sailed overseas with his father and brother Joe to work for his father. In September 1941Kennedy joined the U.S Navy. By that time World War 2 had started. Kennedy had a boat and they called it the PT-109, and he is a hero for rescuing his crew but he injured his back but later on got better and took command of a PT boat. After World War 2 was over he received awards for his bravery and efforts.

After his brother died (Joseph P.Kennedy), Kennedy ran for a seat to become a mayor for Boston and he won. Kennedy served as a congressman for six years. In 1952 he married Jacqueline and later on had two children, one boy and one girl. Eight years later he ran for president, and became president when he beat senator Lyndon B. Johnson. During the time he was president he became a hero for stopping Cuba's missiles and the Bay of Pigs Invasion.

When Kennedy was driving down Elm street in Texas with his Motorcade, Lee Harvey Oswald shot him in the head and he died.The world just stopped, everything was quiet. Everyone in the United States was hurt and devastated. The saddest part of his death is he left his children with no father.

America has moved on since our greatest president (John F. Kennedy) was killed, may he rest in peace.They put a man on the moon because it was one of Kennedy's wishes. In my opinion Kennedy was the best president we ever had.