John F. Kennedy

by Malachi Burns from Nashville, Tennessee

"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man...No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
John F. Kennedy
John F. Kennedy

Has any president done anything heroic that impacted your life? My hero project is on John F. Kennedy. I chose him because he is the class definition of a hero. He was the president of the United States of America.

JFK has won many awards such as, Navy and Marine Corps medal, Purple Heart award, American defense service medal, American campaign medal, Asiatic-Pacific campaign medal (3 bronze stars) and, the World War 2 Victory medal. Now that's a real hero.

One example of John F. Kennedy being a hero is helping blacks from being segregated. He helped MLK get out of prison when they arrested him for boycotting. He helped make it so African-Americans and Caucasians could go to the same school and use same restrooms, the stuff that you think shouldn't have ever been a problem. President Kennedy interacted with the Civil Rights movement when other presidents just stayed away from it.

Another example of JFK of being a hero for me is that he helped my people. He helped with the civil rights movement when he didn't have to. I say he is a hero to me because, if he didn't help my Grandparents they would have been segragated and I most likely wouldn't exist. Blacks were sprayed with water by the Firemen.

This is why i chose JFK - because he has impacted my life in so many ways. He is everything and more of our class definition of a Hero. So I thank him for that.

John was born in Brookline, Massachusetts on May 29, 1917. He was the 35th president of the United States. He was the second-youngest president to be in office. He was assassinated on November 22, 1963