Jack Nicklaus

by Tanner from San Diego

The Golden Bear is the best. Jack Nicklaus over 30 major tournament wins in his career making him one outstanding and caring golfer to the game today. This Jack Nicklaus... Jack was born 1940 in Ohio, the young Golden Bear Jack, won his first tournament at the age of ten. From that point on people knew he was the best.

The Golden Bear is the best golfer. Jack Nicklaus won over 30 major tournament wins in his career making him one outstanding and caring golfer to the game today. Jack Nicklaus was an outstanding golfer during his time, he could not be beat. Every part of Jack's game was outstanding. "He was a powerhouse of a player who drove the ball farther than almost anyone he encountered; he mastered the putter, sinking long putts as if he were tapping the ball in from three feet; and his iron play and his shots from tough situations were as good than any other professionals he encountered. With his razor-sharp focus, he became very difficult to beat.( "jack Nicklaus." Notable")". He was one of the longest hitters in the game at his time. He had the best short game you could have and putted like a monster. Jack Nicklaus' short game was the best part of his game. He was able to chip it close if he had missed the green. And if he hit the green he was able to sink the putt which made him an outstanding player. Jack also was able to bomb the ball off the tee. No one else was able to hit it pass hit and he also could hit his second shot really close as well. If Jack needed to make it on the green in two on a par five he could easily do it. The Golden Bear was the most outstanding golfer everyone knew as. "For over four decades Jack Nicklaus has been one of the greatest players to ever pick up a club. The man known as the Golden Bear is one of only five golfers to ever win all four major tournaments.( "Jack Nicklaus." Notable)."The Golden Bear made people watch the game and also play the game he was so good that it wasn't boring to watch. Before the Golden Bear no one never really used to watch golf but ever since he was winning and hitting the ball super far everyone love watching it. Before the Golden Bear no one never really used to watch golf but ever since he was winning and hitting the ball supper far everyone love watching it. Jack Nicklaus is a very outstanding golfer because he was able to do the thing that most golfers weren't able to out on the course.

Jack was also a very caring guy he helped out a lot of people. For example he did this at the Ryder cup. "During the 1969 Ryder Cup play at Royal Birkdale, Nicklaus performed one of the true gestures of good faith in the game, conceding a short putt to Britain's Tony Jacklin, giving him the match, which in turn gave America the victory but allowed England to keep the Ryder Cup trophy one more year.("Jack Nicklaus."Notable). During the Ryder cup Jack Nicklaus did something that people said was one of the most caring gestures that has ever happen in the game. jack conceding a short putt to Tony Jacklin letting him have the match but America still got the win and allowed England to keep the Ryder Cup trophy another year. This is one of the nicest thing Jack could have done at that moment witch made people look up to him quite a bit. Jack now also makes some more caring gestures after he got inducted to the hall of fame. "Nicklaus was inducted as a member of the World Golf Hall of Fame. In 2008 he received the PGA Tour's lifetime achievement award." ("Jack Nicklaus." Encyclopedia) After Jack was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame he deiced to give something to the community he built several golf courses all around America. Jack also had some great junior golf programs as well, everyone looks up to him. Jack was a very caring guy, giving someone else a chance to win against him. And doing the great things he did.

The Golden Bear is the best golfer. Jack Nicklaus had over 30 major tournament wins in his career making him one outstanding and caring golfers to the game today. Jack Nicklaus inspire others and I because he makes others and I to be as good as he is and try our hardest. Outstanding caring and any other word could describe Jack Nicklaus as being the best golfer to ever live.

Works Consulted

HERWIN, MARTIN. "Jack Nicklaus." Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: The 1960s. Ed. William L. O'Neill and Kenneth T. Jackson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2002. Biography In Context. Web. 1 May 2013.

Jack Nicklaus." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography In Context. Web. 1 May 2013.

"Jack Nicklaus."  Notable Sports Figures. Ed. Dana R. Barnes. Detroit: Gale, 2004. Biography In Context. Web. 10 May 2013.

"Jack Nicklaus." St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture. Ed. Sara Pendergast and Tom Pendergast. Detroit: St. James Press, 2000. Biography In Context. Web. 1 May 2013

Schmidt, Raymond. "Jack Nicklaus." Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: Sports Figures. Ed. Arnold Markoe and Kenneth T. Jackson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2003. Biography In Context. Web. 1 May 2013