TWLOHA- Jamie Tworkoski

by Hannah & Haylie from Lodi

Statistics show that 121 million people worldwide suffer with depression, addiction, and self-injury. 18 million of these victims live in the United States alone. 2/3 of those people won't seek treatment.  

Jamie Tworkowski is the founder of TWOHLA, (to write love on her arms) a nonprofit organization presenting hope and finding help for young people struggling with self-injury, addiction, suicide, and depression. In March of 2006 Jamie started to raise money for his friend's treatment starting with a MySpace blog and selling t-shirts. It then grew into a huge organization.

It was a single friend, just raising support, then grew into a global cause. TWLOHA has reached thousands of people across the globe through Facebook, conferences, high school assemblies and many other different ways. Plus, bigger organizations support TWLOHA. NBC American Giving Award gave one million dollars to TWLOHA. Celebrities and bands have also help support the organization, including Miley Cyrus, One Republic, and Paramore. 

JEREMIAH 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," Declares the Lord," Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

God has a plan for everyone, and that's what TWLOHA represents. They tell people that they're not alone, that God cares for them and wants them to succeed. It shows people that they do have a future and their life does mean something. It gives them a reason to try, to enjoy life.

TWLOHA is in inspiration to all people. It helps people get their life back on track and it motivates others to help one another, It motivates people to care. Jamie Tworkowski is a man who puts others before himself, who is not selfish or self-centered. TWLOHA reminds people that their not alone, that God loves them