Jesse Owens

by Christopher from Dorchester

( ())
( ())

Owens was the youngest of ten children, three girls and seven boys, born to Henry Cleveland Owens and Mary Emma Fitzgerald in Oakville, Alabama on September 12, 1913. Jesse Owens was nine years old when his family moved to Cleveland, Ohio for better opportunities. On his first day at his new school his teacher asked his name to enter in her roll book, he said "J.C.", but because of his strong Southern accent, she thought he said "Jesse" and he was known as Jesse Owens for the rest of his life.

( ())
( ())

Jesse Owens is my hero because he ran and loved track and he was an African American track and field at athlete. I also so run track and one day, I plan to break records and be successful like him.

( ())
( ())

One thing I love about him is Owens realized that he had a passion for running. Another thing I love about him is that I jump hurdles and so did he.  One more thing is that he didn't have everything he wanted and his family wasn't as wealthy so everything he got he had to work hard for.

Wikipedia - Information
Biography - Information
JesseOwens - Information