Kyle Harrison

by Grant from Los Angeles

Kyle Harrison playing at Johns Hopkins University ( (pixgood.com))

My hero is Kyle Harrison. He is a professional lacrosse player for Team STX. He was born in Baltimore, MD on March 12, 1983.  He attended Friends School of Baltimore where he was a three sport athlete in soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. Kyle played lacrosse in college at Johns Hopkins University.  He has been called the best midfielder in lacrosse. He has great skills and speed. Kyle is known as one of the best players ever at Johns Hopkins and was a 3-time All-American while at Johns Hopkins. He won the McLaughlin Award as the nation's top midfielder in 2004 and 2005. In 2005, Kyle won the Tewaaraton Trophy (the Heisman Trophy of lacrosse) as the National Player of the Year. With Johns Hopkins he won the National Championship of Lacrosse in 2005.  

(YouTube.com)
(YouTube.com)

Kyle was the first person drafted in Major League Lacrosse in 2005.  As a professional lacrosse player he is a 4-time Major League Lacrosse All-Star and has played for the New Jersey Pride, Los Angeles Riptide, and Denver Outlaws. In 2013 Kyle was a member of Team USA in the World Lacrosse Championships. 

Lacrosse clinic by Kyle ( ())
Lacrosse clinic by Kyle ( ())

Kyle hosts free lacrosse clinics for inner city kids every year in New York City.

He also coaches clinics in Seattle, San Diego, and Los Angeles. 

Kyle Harrison Autographed Lacrosse Ball ( ())

I met Kyle when he put on a "shots clinic" at Cheviot Hills. He taught us how to shoot the lacrosse ball correctly.  He told us how our feet are supposed to be spaced and to "crow hop" when we take a shot.  He also showed us where to shot the ball in the lacrosse goal. Kyle signed lacrosse balls and posters for all the kids at the clinic.
I thought it was a great experience to be able to meet a professional lacrosse player.

Kyle Harrison autographed Poster ( ())
Kyle Harrison autographed Poster ( ())

Kyle is an inspiration to me to be as good a lacrosse player as I can be!