Kenneth D. Taylor

by Georgia from Calgary

Quote: "We knew it was coming. It is not a shock. We are ready for it." Unknown
Ken Taylor Web (Google and me (I did))
Ken Taylor Web (Google and me (I did))

I picked Ken Taylor because he saved the six Americans lives. When the Americans were in Iran they were going to get killed. Ken Taylor the Canadian ambassador helped the Americans get out of Iran safely. He made Canadian passports for the Americans. Ken had to risk his life to do that. When he got them back safely, he won two of the highest awards he could get. That is why I chose Ken Taylor.

Ken taylor portrait  (i made it (I did))
Ken taylor portrait (i made it (I did))

Ken Taylor had an amazing life. He was born on October 5, 1934. Ken Taylor has his wife Pat who of course watched the movies about Ken in LA! He was born in Calgary but currently resides in New York. He completed his MA in Victoria College. Ken also his MBA in California. Ken left the foreign service in 1984. Those were the highlights of his life.

action pic about ken taylor (i made it  (Georgia))
action pic about ken taylor (i made it (Georgia))

Ken Taylor amazingly saved the lives of six Americans, therefore, winning the highest award known. Later on they made a movie about it called Canadian Caper in 1981. In 2012 there is a newer one called Argo, but does not focus as much on Ken. Ken Taylor and his helper got stars from Hollywood to help, to get out of the country. Ken served as senior vice President for Nabisco from 1984 to 1989! Ken also scouted out landing spots for the Delta Force! He won the Congressional award on March 6, 1980! The US was very thankful. He also got to be a official Order of Canada! Taylor was appointed Canadian Consul-General to New York City! He returned to the University of Toronto for several years as the Chancellor of Victoria College!

Ken Taylor accomplished much in his life, he did have a helper but they both risked their lives for the six Americans that did not get captured. The Canadian Embassy were the only ones in Iran who let them stay with them until things were figured out. The CIA also helped with the Iran crisis. If Ken Taylor was not helping the Americans they would have been captured and tortured! Ken Taylor is my hero!

I got most of my info from Wikipedia. The images came from Google images. My drawings came from me. I also got some information on the Gazing at the Flag website. I got the rest on a website called Iran Crisis Remembered.

Wikipedia the free encyclopedia - The free encyclopedia
Ken Taylor - What happened
more info on Ken Taylor - more info
Iran crisis - picture and info